Sainsbury Nectar Points Missing - Ex-Sainsbury Mobile customer

Options
Did you have a mobile phone with Sainsbury last year, even PAYG?

If you did, do you remember the offer to double all your Nectar points earned by shopping at Sainsbury for six months as compensation?

I did, and the six months was up on the 31st July, so I emailed Sainsbury and got this reply:

============================
Dear Freddie

Thanks for contacting us.

We are aware that there is an issue with the adding of the double nectar points. There has been an ongoing investigation into the issue but no resolution has been found yet.

If I could ask that you respond with an estimate of how much you have spent in Sainsbury’s over the last 6 months I will manually add the double nectar points to the account.

Could I also ask that you respond with your nectar card number please.

Once again thanks for contacting us and I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Daniel McClements | Sainsbury's Online
Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd | 33 Holborn, London | EC1N 2HT
[EMAIL="onlineservice@sainsburys.co.uk"]onlineservice@sainsburys.co.uk[/EMAIL] | 0800 636 262
twitter.com/sainsburys | facebook.com/sainsburys

============================

I think they hope us their customers are to dim to remember the offer some six months later.

They were quick enough to tell us all to move our number before 15th January 2016 or lose it, maybe that's an Ofcom requirement, but I haven't seen any leaflets in store apologising for this problem, or a reminder to claim your points.

So if you were a Sainsbury network mobile customer get in touch with them for your doubled up points, you won't see them otherwise. Good luck fj

Comments

• grandadsmith
    Options
    I NEVER get the so called extra points offers.
    It IS a CON.
    DO NOT BUY FOR A POINTS OFFER.
    Of course I like so many others just don't bother to complain.
  • amibovvered
    amibovvered Posts: 461 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Of course I like so many others just don't bother to complain.

Well, I do - I diarise the end of offers and use live chat to get my points!

(I know, get a life!) :D

You're right though, they seldom award bonus points unprompted, in my experience.
    I want my sun-drenched, wind-swept Ingrid Bergman kiss, Not in the next life, I want it in this, I want it in this

Use your imagination, or you can borrow mine!
  • bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Options
    I usually don't bother chasing up a few pennies worth of points, but double six months worth is worth an email or two.

Anyway we shall see if they just double my points since January, in fact I can't believe they can't query their database using my nectar number to find out how many points I have in the last six months! It's an easy query, something like this:

SELECT POINTS FROM table name WHERE sale date BETWEEN January AND July

So easy! fj
  • bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Options
    They replied today, gave me 10,000 points, I should have asked for more!
  • rick@findthatfuchsia
    Options
    Quite easy:

On the points statement page click on date - you are then given a calendar option to choose from date to to date.

Worked fine for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport