Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Highland76 wrote: »
    Thanks Malc, all noted :)
    Regarding my wish to have smart meters installed, can I request this immediately after going live with E.ON or do I have to wait for 30 days as informed by your call centre staff this morning?
    Cheers

No worries Highland76. Happy to help.

I've just replied to your question about smart meters on a separate thread at the link below.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76051727#post76051727

Hope this helps.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 22 July 2019 at 6:16PM
    Well, I've just had the second email requesting, nay demanding, meter readings even though I gave the electricity one on 18th and was advised I cannot submit the gas one because my "current energy provider still has not sent the details": What absolute nonsense; Eon have access to the central database thingy just as does every other supplier.

I tried again this morning: I still cannot submit the gas reading for the same reason nor can I send another electricity one because I have not switched yet. This despite the big ! implying I am somehow derelict in my duty.

Add to that the godawful first online chat experience with the hysterical female who called me out of the blue in the middle of it, then talked over me non-stop = 1/10 for communication from me. Why am I still switching to Eon? Price and nothing else so far.
  • Smodlet
    In the spirit of fairness, AndyCF was absolutely correct when he said it depends on who you get at Eon. I have just had a really good conversation with a lovely chap there who has allayed all my concerns and, on his own initiative, offered to call me on switch day to do something or other... Set up a payment plan? DD works for me, y'all. Whatevs.
  • Eon have advised E18 is being withdrawn. I currently use this tariff for my Air Source Heat Pump and underfloor heating system. Anyone else in the same position?

I have done a lot of research but can't decide which tariff or supplier to go for

I currently use 14000 kWh at 9.04 pence per annum for my "stored heat" as Eon call it on my bill (It isn't stored heat)
  • Sorry mu usage for Heating on E18 is 6700 kWh per annum not 14000 as originally stated Tariff is 9.04 ppkwh
  • Highland76
    Highland76 Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Signed up to EON's 'Fix Online Exclusive v6' tariff through Uswitch a few weeks ago. Energy transfer date is today (23/7) and looks like the transfer has gone through ok and my EON online account is now showing my tariff details, meter reads etc. Hopefully i can request to get smart meters installed very soon (smets2) very soon. Thanks EON :)
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Well, I've just had the second email requesting, nay demanding, meter readings even though I gave the electricity one on 18th and was advised I cannot submit the gas one because my "current energy provider still has not sent the details": What absolute nonsense; Eon have access to the central database thingy just as does every other supplier.

I tried again this morning: I still cannot submit the gas reading for the same reason nor can I send another electricity one because I have not switched yet. This despite the big ! implying I am somehow derelict in my duty.

Add to that the godawful first online chat experience with the hysterical female who called me out of the blue in the middle of it, then talked over me non-stop = 1/10 for communication from me. Why am I still switching to Eon? Price and nothing else so far.
    Smodlet wrote: »
    In the spirit of fairness, AndyCF was absolutely correct when he said it depends on who you get at Eon. I have just had a really good conversation with a lovely chap there who has allayed all my concerns and, on his own initiative, offered to call me on switch day to do something or other... Set up a payment plan? DD works for me, y'all. Whatevs.

Hello Smodlet and I'm sorry you weren't impressed with the first contact you received. Glad the second advisor was able to do better.

A lot of the information we need doesn't come from the national databases. Metering and supply details are given to us by industry third parties (meter operators/readers, energy distributors etc) and we're also in touch with the previous supplier. This is done via a series of electronic messages.

We usually ask for meter readings 7-10 days before the Supply Start Date (SSD) and thank you for trying to let us have these. We use a meter reading window and readings received during this time are valid. As the electricity readings have been accepted, these will be used to start the account. We won't need more electric readings at this time.

With dual fuel accounts, the electric and gas data can come to us at different times. It sounds like we're still waiting for the gas meter details and this is stopping us accepting gas readings.

Don't worry, these delays won't affect the SSD. This will remain as we've advised. It's just that it might take a little longer before the account itself is fully up and running. You can check online how the switch is going through the 'Track My Switch' tool when logged in to our website.

Once we have the readings, we'll send them to the previous supplier so they can use them to close their account and issue a final bill.

Sorry again the first contact wasn't up to scratch Smodlet and thank you for your patience.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Eon have advised E18 is being withdrawn. I currently use this tariff for my Air Source Heat Pump and underfloor heating system. Anyone else in the same position?

I have done a lot of research but can't decide which tariff or supplier to go for

I currently use 14000 kWh at 9.04 pence per annum for my "stored heat" as Eon call it on my bill (It isn't stored heat)
    Sorry mu usage for Heating on E18 is 6700 kWh per annum not 14000 as originally stated Tariff is 9.04 ppkwh

Hello fredwnelson and welcome to the Forums.

You're right, we're currently writing to customers to let them know we're withdrawing the Economy 18 tariff. We've set up a ring-fenced (Simpler Metering) team to look after customers affected by this decision and to advise them what alternatives we're able to offer.

If you contact us and ask to be put through to Simpler Metering, these advisors will be able to help.

Thanks fredwnelson.

Malc
    Highland76 wrote: »
    Signed up to EON's 'Fix Online Exclusive v6' tariff through Uswitch a few weeks ago. Energy transfer date is today (23/7) and looks like the transfer has gone through ok and my EON online account is now showing my tariff details, meter reads etc. Hopefully i can request to get smart meters installed very soon (smets2) very soon. Thanks EON :)

Hello Highland76 and glad all has gone through okay.

You can request smart meters online through a registration form on our website including booking an appointment. Not all properties are eligible yet. If your home isn't, we'll be in touch to let you know what we're doing to sort this.

Thanks for joining us Highland76.

Malc
  • Smodlet
    Hi Malc and thank you for your reply. I really don't understand the point of asking for readings before the switch has happened; all it does is complicate things.

I have just checked my account again as you advised and, under the gas section, it now says, "Thank you for providing your reading (to the second customer service rep, along with the gas information awaited from nPower) We're not able to use this as the opening meter reading for your account, but we will use it to ensure that your first bill is accurate." It makes me wonder why I bother.

The situation seems to be just what I had hoped to avoid: Eon are telling me one thing and nPower the opposite; I don't know who to believe. Whatever. So long as the switch goes through, I am billed accurately and do not pay for the same energy twice, I accept that this seems to be the way the energy industry handles switches between suppliers. It seems completely unnecessary to me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback