Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Have a great holiday Scarlet!

Congrats on a successful first week RavenQueen, keep up the good work and you'll have your half stone next week!

Glad your OH didn't hurt himself too badly Lois.

Well done to all the losers :-)

Thanks for the support re work. I had a meeting with my boss yesterday and my job is safe but it's a strange environment at the moment and morale is low. Just going to keep my head down and wait for the storm to pass.

Pretty sure I'll have a gain on the scales tomorrow. I'm so cross with myself! I think I need to go right back to basics and start again as though it's my first week - I'll ask our leader for a diary I think. Will report back tomorrow - fingers crossed it's not a big gain.
  • Emmylou_2
    Emmylou_2 Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Sorry I've been being pants and not on much, people. Started back at college this week, and with the new school term work has ramped up too, so I'm bloody knackered (and it was my wedding anniversary yesterday too and DH and I were too tired/busy to celebrate it so that's postponed until the weekend)

However, I am stupidly pleased to announce a 2 lb loss this week. Almost unheard of on the back of the 2.5 lbs the week before, and means I am 9 lbs from target (and on plan to meet that before the countdown runs out so I never have to pay SW ever again). If I lose this week, I'll go into the next stone bracket too, which I haven't been in since my teens (and I'm 40 in 5 months) so that will be excellent.
    We may not have it all together, but together we have it all :beer:
    B&SC Member No 324

Living with ME, fibromyalgia and (newly diagnosed but been there a long time) EDS Type 3 (Hypermobility). Woo hoo :rotfl:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Any loss is a good loss, beanie!

Well done, shala. We’ll be hanging the bunting next week for sure.

That was a fab win last night, maman. Glad you’ve been enjoying the birthday celebrations for a bit longer.

Love your loss, Scarlet. Enjoy your holiday.

That’s what I call a result, RavenQueen.

Well I had an epic SW fail (again) today. I am disgusted with myself, especially as I was feeling positive and re-enthused after a wee loss this week and buying the mag for the first time in ages. I will get back on the bus tomorrow, and even although events are already conspiring against me, these are merely bumps in the road not barriers. I’ve had the whole week planned as usual, taking account of what I was doing, and as usual, I was spineless. No one force fed me, there were better options available today, it’s down to me and me alone.

And on that note, I bid you all good night. Off to re-read the mag and get that motivation back. I can do it.
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Great result Emmylou :j
    Keep plodding Greentiger :cool:
    Hope your OH is ok Lois.

Still feeling under the weather so not at my best.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry you're under the weather beanie You're a star to keep giving encouragement when you don't feel brilliant yourself.
    Good loss emmy hope it encourages you. What plans do you have to celebrate the wedding anniversary? Hope your DH isn't too badly hurt lois . Will it curtail his golf? ;)
    Really enjoyed my dinner. Loved the stir fry veg at lunch so I made more to go with baked cod (1 syn YS in Asda ) and SW chips.:D
  • Hi all

Well done on the losses.

Today's meals:

B - veggie scramble, beans, new pots, cheese hea,1 syn for sauce
    L - big salad, cheese hea, chilli noodles 1 syn, dressing 1 syn, pasta n sauce.
    D - oh wanted a takeaway so we had a curry. Sw online says it's 12.5syns for 500g of a takeaway veggie curry. I weighed my portion and it was 240g. So I'll allow 7syns? Had one poppadom 4syns, boiled rice and salad on side.
    Snacks - banana, plum.

Total 14syns?

Really struggling to eat 5 hex some days (I'm breastfeeding!) X
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lois_Lane wrote: »

Have a great holiday Scarlet. When we were in Italy we noticed that Italians order salad at the beginning of the meal, often a large plateful that they all helped themselves to. That's often the best way to get F&V in Spain too.

DH and I did Bed & Breakfast when we went to Rome and every morning breakfast was the same thing, cake, biscuits, melba toast and nutella. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but DH was craving some man food! Enjoy your holiday and don't worry too much, you'll soon get rid of any gain once you get back on plan.

LL :)

I will be going alone, though on a coach touring holiday. First hotel in Tuscany is half board. Rome hotel is bed and breakfast. Just had a glance on TripAdvisor and seen a few pics of travelers' breakfasts. There is something like a Bakewell Pudding as seen almonds in the base.

Not sure if the Rome restaurants do salads like you mentioned for one. Though I once ate a salad in the reduced in Asda saying party salad 'serves 10' on my own:o:rotfl: Couldn't tell you how much weight I lost that week

I have stayed in Prague and there were custard doughnuts, jelly n ice cream for breakfast. My ex loved it.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    Hope your DH isn't too badly hurt lois . Will it curtail his golf? ;)

He won't be able to hold his stick properly! :rotfl:

It was a deep cut but luckily there was no damage to tendons. I was more concerned about stopping it bleeding as he's on Warfarin, I've known him bleed for hours after a shaving cut. They put a sling on, which seems a bit OTT, but it's to take the pressure off just in case it does continue bleeding.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Rosylee
    Rosylee Posts: 201 Forumite
    Very happy to say I have lost 3lbs!

To be honest I think it's probably a bit more but as I didn't go to group last week and had a gain the week before that and only been on plan for 5 days the scales reflect that.

But no matter just so happy. I think knowing I can have 20 Syns have helped even though I haven't been having 20 most days or even 15.
  • Yesterday was a SW write off!! But I will put it here to hopefully make others feel better about their smaller blips! ;)

B - Sainsburys big breakfast sarnie (I didn't eat all the bread but did eat all the fat on the bacon) :D

L - slice of princess cake (vanilla sponge with sprinkles) in fave local coffee shop (thinner slice than usual as the generous cutter was making the tea)!

T - SW chicken katso curry. The rice went really sticky so I left that so that meal was actually ok.

S - frozen milky bar mousse 4.5 syns with strawberries and raspberries

2nd S - packet of Cheetos 3.5

3rd S - Freddo 5 syns

Oops :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business