Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• M0ney
    M0ney Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Seem OK, I think they're the cheapest for me not really had much comma with them yet.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It usually takes upto 4 working days to appear in the transaction record; sometimes quicker, but this months payment (on 20th) was just before a weekend, so worth checking tomorrow or Wednesday.

As predicted, (for our own & a relatives account) payments made last Thursday have appeared in the transaction records this morning, with a processing date of yesterday (must have updated overnight).

Will input electric meter readings next Monday (last day of the month) and get the next updated bill about 10 days later (just like Zog for Gas), except that as usual we will see the electric meter readings and charges in the transaction records a few days before.

No problems so far, so planning to renew on to Iresa's latest tariff for electric, as it is still cheaper than the majority of the other suppliers. Hoping it does not go up, like most of the other suppliers tend to do, just before the heating season.
  • Mistermeaner
    Mistermeaner Posts: 2,958 Forumite
    My ombudsman dispute is in full swing; IRESA are still blcoking my transfer away from them requesting I set up a direct debit in order to leave - by way of recap I have been trying to leave them since april at which point my account was in credit

I would stay well well clear
    Left is never right but I always am.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Still getting emails from Iresa saying my bill is ready even though I've not been a customer of theirs for nearly 2 months ..
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    I too got an e-mail re the availability of my final bill online, but I can't log into my account to check it!!!!

I have been trying for a few days without success. The site says "oops there is an error"
  • The_Reaper
    The_Reaper Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2017 at 8:42PM
    Edited to remove good feedback.

Wouldnt touch them with a bargepole
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    icharus wrote: »
    I too got an e-mail re the availability of my final bill online, but I can't log into my account to check it!!!!

I have been trying for a few days without success. The site says "oops there is an error"

Exactly what I get Icharus. I asked them on Twitter why I got the emails and they told me it was to inform me that my bill was £0 and I'd been refunded any credit.
  • geoffW
    geoffW Posts: 181 Forumite
    I signed on with Iresa yesterday for electricity, first payment 14/8 and start date 26/8, longer start date than I expected but I don't mind as my contract with GB energy finishes on the 11/8 and they say they keep the contract price the same til the changeover as long as it happens within a month.
  • I thought I'd share my experience of Iresa.

In a nutshell they've been a nightmare - avoid like the plague.

We joined them in March 2017 but we changed over when we were on holiday. In the confusion we submitted two electricity meter readings in error resulting in being overcharged over£900 by the energy company we were leaving.

Ever since we've been trying to get a refund and though you write to Iresa they don't reply - though you can see your correspondence on your on-line account. And you can't get through on the phone as there's such a queue -when were tried we've always been somewhere between number 100 and 150 in the queue. Quite appalling customer service.

After eight weeks we went to the Ombudsman who provisionally ruled that Iresa' s customer service had fallen short of that expected - which Iresa has the cheek to appeal against (no doubt on a technicality exploiting the lack of teeth of the regulator).

Current position, more than four months on, I've still not heard anything from Iresa, my meter reading has still not been corrected, and Iresa is challenging what really is a 'bang-to-rights' regulator provisional determination.

I'm fortunate that I can bear a £900+ loss for four months and however many longer, but many other people are not in such a privileged position.

Whilst I accept Iresa is one of the new wave of energy companies creating more competition the sector badly needs, they are not fit for purpose. Don't be fooled by their cheaper end prices - you'll get what you paid for which is a shocking company with no regard for their customers.

We can't wait to get shot at contract renewal time.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I thought I'd share my experience of Iresa.

In a nutshell they've been a nightmare - avoid like the plague.

Don't be fooled by their cheaper end prices - you'll get what you paid for which is a shocking company with no regard for their customers.

We can't wait to get shot at contract renewal time.

Thanks very much for this illuminating post. I'm sorry you've had such a bad time with them. They are the second cheapest supplier after my current supplier (Powershop) and I was considering them as my second choice if my supplier raises prices.

I think I'll look further down the list.

I hope you get your situation resolved eventually.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure