Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco value cottage cheese is free isn't it? I normally get the cheap Asda one which I know is, but I didn't pass there this morning. It's much creamier than my usual!
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Tesco value cottage cheese is free isn't it? I normally get the cheap Asda one which I know is, but I didn't pass there this morning. It's much creamier than my usual!

Yes it's free :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you! I'll stick to this one in future, it's much nicer :)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Top_Girl wrote: »
    Thank you! I'll stick to this one in future, it's much nicer :)

That's a good recommendation topgirl. I generally buy Aldi's own brand but will try Tesco's when I'm in there.

So sorry to hear about your nan. I hope she's comfortable.:)

Good idea to treat this week as a holiday flutterby. When I go away I always try to undo some of the damage before going to WI. I'm glad you had a good time though. Nothing worse than breaking the syn bank and not enjoying it.

YS stands for Yellow Sticker betty, so basically reduced to clear and very mse:money:.

There's no harm in trying with the beef cubes lois. I don't know what sort of slow cooker you have but I always do the final thickening bit on the hob. I have a ceramic liner on my SC so that would be difficult.

I'm still feeling a bit fat. I'm telling myself Monday's aren't good when I've had almost all my syns over the weekend as usual. My next meal out is Wednesday evening so I feel I should try and weigh before then. If I'm still in target range I'm happy. The trouble with being at target is that it's like trying to lose those last few pounds over and over again:(. Not that I'm expecting any sympathy:p.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, 2 boiled eggs, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: cold meat, fried veg (2 potatoes and all the rest Speed)
    D: savoury mince, new potatoes, carrots, cabbage
    Syns: ginger chocolate

I've got a half bar (3.25 syns:D) of chocolate left from yesterday then I'm going to try and go chocolate free for a few days. It's too easy to get into (bad) habits.
  • gingerfurball
    Options
    Hello all busy weekend so I've not read back...checking in with a 1/2 lb off happy enough with that - but I did walk the legs off myself last week - at least 6 to 8 miles a day - so really should have been more.

Any of you who are friends of mine on Insta or FB will see that hubby won his category in his first bodybuilding competiton...the over 50s...considering he's 58 we were well chuffed...ate and drank with abandon to celebrate so will have to work hard to recoup.

Hope you all are well.
  • BettyBoof
    BettyBoof Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks maman, I was thinking it might have stood for 'yard sale' in refernence to all the stuff they chuck in the discount fridge!

Well done to your DH Gingerfurball[/Bl, amazing achievement!

I forgot to share my NSV: I bought new jeans on Saturday and had to get a size 14 so I have officially dropped a dress size (and a half I would say)! I'm so pleased. :j

I also wanted to ask everyone what the biggest loss they have had in one week? One of our members said they lost 10lbs in one week which just blew me away! :eek::eek:
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone and thanks Maman for guiding me to the HB recipe. I will try that tomorrow.

So, for today's menu plan....

Breakfast. Mullerlight strawberry ff yoghurt. Blueberries strawberries raspberries ans a chopped up banana.

Lunch Home made celery soup ( celery leek,carrot peas onion 1 small potato.) very lean ham salad sandwich B. Ski lemon mousse 4.5 syns

Dinner. Chicken fillet fried sliced potatoes ( leftovers from yesterday )

Extra 2 Rivita 3 Syns. 2 crackerbread 2 syns.
    9.5 syns
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TG, I’m sending as big a hug as I can for you.

Congrats to your husband, gfb. :j

Thanks, beanie and Lois, for the encouragement. I’m glad to have a companion, Betty, thanks for the offer – and well done on your new dress size. And it wasn’t as bad as expected, but still a 2lb gain , shala – can’t complain. But it does take me back to about where I was at the start of the challenge.:o

Well, here goes …

Monday

Pre-Breakfast: banana
    Breakfast: spaghetti on hexb toast, scrape butter (3)
    Lunch: baked potato, beans, hexa cheese, salad (crunchy leaves, carrot. spring onion, cucumber), ff vinaigrette, pear & ML melon & mango yogurt
    Dinner: chicken & bacon risotto (mag p 12 – very tasty), fruit salad (based on mag p 85 - pear, grapes, persimmon), ff Greek yogurt, sprinkle cinnamon (1)
    Snacks: shortbread finger (5)

Syns used: 9 Syns saved: 6 Syns carried forward: 0
    Syns balance: 6
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • mrsp1987
    mrsp1987 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Wedding Day Wonder Cashback Cashier
    Options
    4.5lb gain this week. I stayed miles off plan over the weekend but I'm only 1 lb over my ideal target so still within range.
    Need to figure out how to introduce more speed now I'm not having salads for lunch.
    Find out tomorrow if I can bring home the itty bitty kitty committee on Wednesday
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your news Topgirl, I hope your nana is as comfortable as she can be xxxx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure