Las Vegas thread and MSE guide 2009

Comments

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Bellagio Fountains
    The advantage of the exit row legroom seats is that if you can snag 25A-B if you are a couple is that A is not charged for. It has the exit shoot stored in a bulkhead type thing, so encroaches into your leg room a bit, but I like putting my feet up on it to stretch out, and you get to exit the plane first. Not bad for £75 for 2 people.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    The Bellagio Fountains
    stoneman wrote: »
    The advantage of the exit row legroom seats is that if you can snag 25A-B if you are a couple is that A is not charged for. It has the exit shoot stored in a bulkhead type thing, so encroaches into your leg room a bit, but I like putting my feet up on it to stretch out, and you get to exit the plane first. Not bad for £75 for 2 people.

See - we had those seats (my husband had the A seat) and we vowed never again...he felt really cramped as he could only really stretch out his left leg, his right was blocked in (though he didn't put his feet up on the thingy - I suppose we thought it wouldn't be allowed)...so that's perhaps a good tip.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    The Bellagio Fountains
    luci wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Been doing a bit of digging and it appears the construction starts tonight so the reports should appear on any trip reports from now on.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Luci...likely that we wouldn't have heard anything about it until we were stuck in a traffic jam, so really grateful. Luckily this time we're driving from LA so hopefully can work around it without too much hassle while we're in town.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • ferf1223
    The Bellagio Fountains
    OK - wow - received my Fairfx card today...I only ordered it on the 19th and they said 7-10 business days. So far I am impressed.
  • Indout96
    Indout96 Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    The Fremont street experience
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    OK - wow - received my Fairfx card today...I only ordered it on the 19th and they said 7-10 business days. So far I am impressed.

Cool, I ordered mine on Saturday so will keep an eye out for it arriving :beer: dont go until Sept though :o but then 10 days in Vegas followed by 4 in Chicago
    Totally Debt Free & Mortgage Free Semi retired and happy
  • fatboy88
    fatboy88 Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Lion Habitat
    Just a question has anyone got married in vegas
  • ferf1223
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Indout96 wrote: »
    Cool, I ordered mine on Saturday so will keep an eye out for it arriving :beer: dont go until Sept though :o but then 10 days in Vegas followed by 4 in Chicago

I just read the T&Cs on the back of the letter that came with the card and number 17 says:

The Prepaid Card is an electronic money product and although it is a product regulated by the FSA, it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. No other compensation scheme exists to cover losses claimed in connection with the Prepaid Card. This means that in the unlikely event that Newcastle Building Society becomes insolvent your funds may become valueless and unusable and as a result you may lose your money.

Now I wouldn't say that this is in complete opposition to the email FairFX sent me (which I posted part of) as perhaps it's standard language they have to include, but neverthless, wanted to point it out.
  • nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The Bellagio Fountains
    that's interesting ferf... i'm sure you probably have already, but could you reply to the original email they sent you and quote that part of the T&C's to see what they say to them?

• stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Bellagio Fountains
    ferf, sure seems to contradict what they told you before.
    BTW when you "bought" £500 on the card, was that in dollars, and was it at the rate on the day you purchased the card. Only reason for asking is that the £-$ is doing well again today, so you might have lost a bit by buying at that time.
    I am going to see if it gets anywhere near $1.50 to the £ in the next couple of weeks then I will pull the trigger on some. Only just over 3 weeks to go now.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • brednall
    brednall Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My DH and I are off to Las Vegas on Thursday for a week. We're staying at MGM Grand - hope it's as good as it looks.

We've never been before so been doing lots of reading up before we go but I'm sure we'll never see everything during our stay. Really looking forward to it though.

Some great info on this thread - thanks to all posters.
    Baby daughter born Jan 10
    Baby son born June 11
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family