Air Norwegian Claim - Thoughts

13»

Comments

• Indeed....!

There are too many who tend to offer ‘advice’ who know very little of the subject matter.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people answer questions with questions.....but there you go, that’s the nature of the beast I suppose.

I cannot even believe people are questioning the validity of your success for a very valid EC261 claim.

Well done for following your own instincts!

Erm...I think most people thought he wanted to complain about what happened to the plane, rather than about them taking 6 weeks to reply to an EU compo thing.
  • dickydonkin
    dickydonkin Posts: 3,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Erm...I think most people thought he wanted to complain about what happened to the plane, rather than about them taking 6 weeks to reply to an EU compo thing.

Erm....I would suggest that 'most people' have not read the thread in its entirety as the OP had made it blatantly clear what he was claiming for - there was certainly no specific reference for claiming to what happened to the aircraft.
    iarniee wrote: »
    And yes what else would I be referring too?
    I put the EU compo + expenses claim in.

I certainly never thought otherwise even though the OP made numerous references to the delay, however, provided the details of why the delay occurred in the first instance which is the crux of any such claim.

He was certainly entitled to claim the 'EU compo thing' which was proven to be the right thing to do.
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think what maybe confused the issue was all the Daily Mail style hyperbole about the passengers having to alert the pilots that the engine was on fire as they rolled down the runway, because the crew had no idea.

It was a valid EU261 claim and Norwegian have rightly paid out on it.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,520 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OP should have been concise in his original post. Instead he/she went on a rant, which doesn't go down well.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It was post number 4 before any mention of compensation for flight delay,the original post mentioned everything but.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure