Reformed shopaholic? please can you give me the benefit of your advice

Comments

• Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morcha, :beer: hope you are feeling better, sorry to hear about your weekend.

No.........do not go shopping...............you won't be able to resist cheering yourself up :)
  • morocha
    morocha Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2010 at 10:40AM
    Mejor morir de pie que vivir toda una vida de rodillas.
  • CompletelyLost
    CompletelyLost Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning (very early morning for me!)

I'm definitely in for the 2lbs a month challenge :) There's a challenge in the 'health and beauty' section that I've been doing for a few months, I usually aim for 3lbs. My weight is now in the healthy range, but I still think I could do with losing a bit more. Plus I've seen a couple of pounds creep back on recently, but that was because my healthy eating slipped for a few days. Which reminds me, I must do my run today :o

morocha - Slim Fast is a fad diet, I don't want to sound horrible but I'm sure your sister will pile it all back on as soon as she starts eating normally again. Do it the right way and it'll stay off.
  • shopgirl6035
    shopgirl6035 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Oh gosh... reading all of these comments relate to me in someway. My addiction to Clothing Shops, even Food Shopping is a thrill for me.

I currently am working on paying off my credit card by the end of the year, even though it is fairly small and also saving 10k.

Iam going to be working hard on reaching my goals, although there always seems to be something. I get paid monthly, this has been for over a year and still can not come to terms with it.

This month I have really started to knuckle down. I have opened a seperate Bank Acct that i can not access with a different bank, I can only deposit money into it. I have a certain amount paid into it each month. Thats Step 1.

Step 2, I have a money tin at home and everytime I get home i put all of my change in there, including items i sell on ebay and people may come to collect.... straight in the tin buddy!!!

I just need continual focus on this, as Iam sidetracked and bored quite quickly and a few shops get my attention, even at work, discount code email comes through.

Someone needs to seriously lock me up and steal my cards. Love hearing all of your stories, and cant wait to read more.
    x
    AIMING: Debt Free Date 15th JULY 2012
    Car Loan: 9000/ 7900
    Credit Card: 6500/ 5850
    Canada Trip: 8000/ 7100
    TOTAL: 23,500/20,850
  • morocha
    edited 6 July 2010 at 10:40AM
  • morocha
    i am sorry about that but i have the feeling someone that i know is reading my posts..
  • Anglea
    Morocha, I wondered what happened. :(

Hope you can keep posting, perhaps with another name? or Pm us instead for the time being?
  • CompletelyLost
    What makes you think that, morocha? :(
    TBH I used to have another username on here too, until someone discovered me and I stopped using it.

Hmm, I really must go out... I have completely run out of facial sunscreen, so going to buy my usual Clinique. I went out for my run this morning and I came back 30-mintes later burnt to a crisp :(:(:( Not happy... I know this sounds idiotic, but it was so dull outside I didn't really think I'd get burnt. Lesson learnt. Don't want to make things worse by walking into town, so will reluctantly pay for the bus!
  • Anglea
    Hi all

CL I just had to look out of the window when I started reading your post about getting sunburnt - dull here too, black clouds which is going to give me the rain dilemma when I go out without a jacket.

Re someone reading posts. I've always been a bit wary what I write on this MSE site because my son introduced me to the site in the first place.

What I have discovered through years of different sorts of internet forums, it's amazing how many posts I've read that sound exactly as if I'd written them, right down to the unusual personal details. Yet, they were written by someone else. Quite strange that - how similar we all are underneath.

An example is that for about 10 years I'd talked online to someone via a health support site, and it wasn't until the last few years that we'd started emailing and finding out more about each other. She lived at the other side of the country to me. So many coincidences it was untrue as though we had lived parallel lives, and the strangest ever is that it turned out she lived in the house directly behind my son!
  • CompletelyLost
    The weather is deceiving - lots of grey cloud here too, forecast for rain at 2pm, but it's absolutely boiling. Too hot for a coat, I think I'll just take my umbrella in my bag.

Yeah Anglea... I guess we probably get overly paranoid about our posts (I know I do), but I know for certain someone knew I was posting on here, as my username was very similar to my email address :o Also my mum told someone in a shop that I post on MSE and what my (old) username was :mad: I never did find out what the person was called on here... makes me wonder though, it could be one of you lot :rotfl:But yeah, it is a bit odd when you find out that someone on a forum lives literally a stone's throw away from you.

Right i'm going to get ready, or else I'll never get out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback