Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    £112 worth of alterations done since 7.30
    So I think I can safely say I am happy with that.
    But achey but not surprised considering I have been sewing for over 10 hours.
    Up early and out in time because I have the radio interview with the BBC
    Who would have thought. I really hope I don't stutter and mumble I really don't like public speaking!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Mooloo When you first started the shop I remember watching your guided tour of Mooloos . You have a lovely warm and friendly way of speaking and I'm sure that will come over with the BBC tomorrow .

I've been trying to catch up and am so pleased to see in spite of all the happenings of the last few weeks you've pulled on the BGKs and are sounding much more like yourself with new determination and purpose . Be proud , you've made big decisions towards the future at a time of dreadful stress , I wish you all the luck in the world .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Well I am awake!
    I have briefly tried to visualise a positive day. Running through it all smoothly, but boy I am nervous.
    I didn't manage to do all the work I brought home, so I will still have to be taking work back and forth this week.
    I should be finished with the radio and back to work at my normal time.
    But I woke an hour earlier so that my joints will be working and I don't feel rushed.
    I can do this!
    Well I hope I can.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    You so can do this :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Good luck mooloo. Your creations on FB were fab :j.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Yes, I loved the pinafore :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hope it went all right Mooloo :)

I'm not on FB, so I'll imagine your creations!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Forumite
    Wow what a morning!
    Dgd sulking as usual because she was not allowed to bunk off school and come with me.
    The radio was interesting but very brief by the time I was on.
    Then I have been busy in the shop. The designer has been in 3 Times this morning. I charged him £150 for my work. I don't think he really wanted to pay immediately but I wasn't going to be fobbed off.
    The shop has been busy with people in and out all day and I have hardly managed to Sew much at all.
    The designer brought more fabric but he is expecting silly things to be done and ready in only 4 weeks time. He wants 60 t shirts made and yet he hasn't supplied any neck ribbing at all, and the fabric he has given me is not going to be making 60 t shirts by a mile.
    I can work wonders but miracles take longer than that.
    I have stopped to eat my lunch and have a cup of tea.
    After I am fed and watered I will hopefully work my magic on some more things.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Don't let the designer get away with anything Mooloo - in fact if he is expecting you to make 60 tee shirts, I would be asking for a deposit from him - whilst you are working on his stuff, you won't be able to work on anything else!
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    thorsoak wrote: »
    Don't let the designer get away with anything Mooloo - in fact if he is expecting you to make 60 tee shirts, I would be asking for a deposit from him - whilst you are working on his stuff, you won't be able to work on anything else!

Totally agree!!

60???

Who does he think you are? A Primarni sweat shop???

:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport