Shop & Scan

Comments

• Really sorry to hear that grumpycat that's worse than me
    It's funny they harassed me to get cheap clicker back with emails text message phone calls etter and postcard
    But when I sent it back carried on harassing even know high I said I sent back last week so there was 8 weeks

Perhaps we should sue them together? maybe there other ppl who have same experience
  • cazkins
    cazkins Posts: 333 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Grumpycat - that's awful, perhaps you should politely ask them again if you could withdraw your points and tell them what voucher you'd like £90 worth of, and if they don't budge mention making a complaint to some online bods or regulatory authority. May make them take things more seriously and pay you just to save any additional hassle?

I've been with Shop&Scan, FOTG & the PetrolPanel for a while now. We have two cars in the house and I enter petrol for the main car that I drive. There's no option to select which car you're inputting the petrol for. Can you actually just input petrol purchases for any car you have registered on the site? Thanks muchly if any one can advise! x
    ... Just Keep Swimming ...
  • Grumpycat
    Grumpycat Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks both, I've sent them an email today as the manager never called me back when they said, as expected! I just want what I've earned which I don't think is unreasonable. Its not fair that they can take away something you've been rewarded with for helping them with their research after such a short space of time and then not budge on it all (unless its for medical reasons apparently!).

I'll let you know if they bother to reply and if I get my points back!

ex-homelessdude2 - did you give up in the end?

cazkins - If I knew which authority to bump my complaint to I would but I'm not sure if there is one?!
  • nah not given but at a loss what to do, i think its £25 to open small claims but i think alot of these types of companies get around the laws as we're not working for them so technically arent owed money by them so can basically makes up whatever policies they want ie 8 weeks
    i phoned as i tried to claims vouchers the day after expire date but they told me they cant pay me to which i said they can but theyre choosing not to and finished up by saying amanda(a manger) would call me to explain havent received call

id like to know if theres any online bods or regulatory authority too, kept meaning to go to cab but they normal just reiterate what ive read online in past
  • i figured if theres other ppl in the same boat as us grumpycat then maybe we would have a better chance of chasing them up
  • Grumpycat
    Grumpycat Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've had multiple emails with shopandscan and it's still not resolved.

They are refusing to pay what I'm owed stating it's my responsibility to ensure that they've received their equipment back before I claim my vouchers which I think is totally unreasonable. They told me I can complaint to MRS.org.uk who they come under so I have submitted a complaints form. I didn't receive any acknowledgement of receipt so no doubt I'll have to contact them again.

The overall gist I got from their emails is that its at their discretion how they behave! Really disappointed at the service I've received and won't be signing up again!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Must admit, ive given up on them now.

First they mess around with the point system, then its months before i check my statement and find they havent awarded me any points for weeks.

Second i email them and they ignore my emails.

So i sent my scanner back, i dont do consumer pulse anymore so theyve closed my account. Shop and Scan is no longer worth doing so no doubt they will close my account given time.
  • ex-homelessdude2
    ex-homelessdude2 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 May 2016 at 8:11AM
    I read someone online got paid in vouchers by them that had expired.... When they proved they were expired they just got ignored
    Does seem to be not recourse with sns

I don't know what you would call this type of company.. It's not exactly cash back, I I want to go to cab about then
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    johnjacobs wrote: »
    I didn't received any E-mail

Help me please....

If you want help from Shop and Scan, you need to email shop and scan?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • toshkininny
    toshkininny Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    any other shop and scan type website that pay better than them?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback