Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    wigwam12 wrote: »
    Sorted :)
    With regard with the compensation, from Lufthansa’s point of view, we consider it possible to exonerate ourselves from liability. However, as a gesture of goodwill and on an exceptional basis, we will be pleased to pay you in full amounting EUR 400 equivalent to GBP 357 per passenger which will be credited into the bank account.

Well done for persevering and getting the correct result:beer:

A very unusual reply from Lufti, I've never known an airline to just voluntarily give up €400 if they were not liable!
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • wigwam12
    wigwam12 Posts: 86 Forumite
    I suspect it was face-saving as the email I sent on Saturday ended:
    Please provide me with Lufthansa’s “Final Response” which in such a straightforward matter I would expect to confirm the method you propose to provide the total compensation sought of €2000 (€400 each in respect of the 5 family members travelling in my party).

Alternatively, in respect of your misunderstanding of the regulations, I expect you to confirm that the matter is in deadlock and hence details of Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanism and the address for correspondence should I need to escalate to court proceedings.

'We'd have beaten you, but as we're nice we will just pay up anyway':p
    They responded 12 hours later at 2am (same person) but I didn't spit the email until today :T
  • Hi,
    I'm new to the MSE Forum and this is my first post of any time, so apologises if I am asking some dumb questions.
    Our flight (there were three of us), ENT456 on 29 August from Heraklion Crete to Gatwick was more than 6 hours late.
    I am unsure to whom I should make a claim. The flight was part of an Olympic Holidays package; I took out insurance via Olympic Holidays and the airline was the Polish company, enterair.
    I would be grateful for suggestions.
    Thank you very much
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The claim always has to be against the actual carrier, so Enter Air. There is a reason Olympic use them, they are cheap, and you have suffered as a result but there is no claim against the operator for flight delays.
  • Thank you Alan,
    I suspect claiming won't be easy.
  • You are correct, it may not be easy. However, if you download Vauban's guide (google) it will be possible. It looks like you will be following the European procedure. Good luck!
  • Hi, I too was on the Crete flight Aug 29th. I have not yet started pprocedings, still researching, therefore I would be interested to know how you get on.
  • Hi Caz,

Thanks for the reply and sorry taken so long to get back to this. Yeah I get that the computer says no, but I am curious to know did the flight actually take off?

We were literally told us at the gate the flight was cancelled. They would get us back possibly the next day, but definitely the day after.

Is there anything in that?

Thanks
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You would need a subscription on one of the sites like flightradar or flightaware to search that far back but I suspect that the 2 hour 41 delay they stated is likely correct based on the EUClaim response. If the flight had been cancelled or delayed over 3 hours there would have been one of two responses given
    1) Congratulations you can claim €x compensation
    2) no compensation due extraordinary circumstances
    (and actually a third if the origin is out of their scope to claim)

the fact they stated arrived less than 3 hours late indicates they have an actual arrival time to compare to the scheduled arrival
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    pdoherty78 wrote: »
    Hello All,

Details are as follows:

Flight No: VY8406
    Date: 07/08/2016
    Time: 19:55
    Departing: Amsterdam AMS
    Arriving: Luton LTN

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Pete

Hi,

Your Vueling flight seems to have arrive at Luton at approx 21.30 CET.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback