Samsung faulty Tab 3 From Techno Master UK on Amazon

• [FONT=&quot]What did you buy?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Samsung Tab 3[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]When did you buy it?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]End September 2019[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Where from? (internet or in store - it DOES make a difference)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Amazon seller Techno Master UK[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]How did you pay? (cash/cheque/debit card/credit card etc)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Debit card[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]What went wrong?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It never worked and has an internally cracked screen, but did not know until mid December as bought as present for myself for my birthday[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]What are the vendors telling you?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Techno Master UK are refusing to accept it back for repair, replacement or refund. Directed me to Samsung who say I have to pay for the internally cracked screen as this is not covered by warranty (£230) despite me saying tab does not work at all. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]What solution or remedy are you looking for? (Companies may Repair / Refund / Replace)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I just want my Tab 3 working as already bought a keyboard cover but happy to just have full refund and try and find another one.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Here is what I have already done:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Contacted Techno Master UK and reminded them after first few refusals of their obligations under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Item not working and less than 6 Months old etc. They refuse as passed 30 days[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Amazon investigated under their A-Z guarantee and denied my money back.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. I am awaiting results of appeal on grounds that “[/FONT]The item you received is damaged, defective, materially different.”
[FONT=&quot]What else can I do and how should I proceed? Do I need to use charge back with bank?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your support.[/FONT]
Andyboy :idea:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Andyboy wrote: »
    Do I need to use charge back with bank?
    If both Amazon and the seller have rejected a refund any Chargeback you attempt will simply be reversed.
    Sounds like you might have to accept a loss on this one...
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 January 2020 at 5:20PM
    Just to be clear.....did you buy as a present for yourself and didn't open it for 2 and a half months?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Bought Sept opened Dec and damaged .
  • Andyboy
    Andyboy Posts: 257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    If both Amazon and the seller have rejected a refund any Chargeback you attempt will simply be reversed.
    Sounds like you might have to accept a loss on this one...
    Do you really think that is correct?
  • Andyboy
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Bought Sept opened Dec and damaged .
    Yes. Didn't want to open early as would have just started using. I know it sounds daft but surely the consumer regs still apply?
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes. Didn't want to open early as would have just started using. I know it sounds daft but surely the consumer regs still apply?

I would say more unlikely than daft.....

But that delay in inspecting the goods is now the problem. Yes, Consumer Regs do apply but if the retailer is not playing ball (I agree chargeback could be contested) then you will have to go down small claims route. Good luck convincing a judge that something bought for yourself lay unopened for 2 and a half months.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 20 January 2020 at 3:27AM
    Do you really think that is correct?
    Yes, I really do.
    If you initiate a Chargeback the retailer will challenge it and the Chargeback will simply be reversed. If this were not the case, anyone could get a refund at any time without any comeback.

There is also the not insignificant fact that you'll still possess the item with no permission to return it.

Your big mistake was waiting for ten weeks before you checked the item. Your only hope now is that Amazon respond to your appeal with a goodwill gesture, but to be blunt that seems unlikely.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Basically the vendor is saying in that ten weeks you damaged the product .
  • Spank
    Spank Posts: 1,751 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    There are a couple of things that don't make sense.

1. why buys yourself a present and not open it for ages (& not check it when it arrived)?
    3. why not wait for the Black Friday sales as you were not playing with it for weeks?

You can't blame them for believing that you had a couple of months use and broke it.
  • Andyboy
    Thanks for all your replies (I think?)

Notwithsatnding the fact that I did make a mistake in not opening the item and check it (stand up all perfect people who never made a mistake!) the fact that the tab will not even switch on is a pretty good indicator that i have not had the pleasure of it's use.

Consumer Rights Act 2015 states it is the responsibility of Techno Master UK to put the situation right and as the item is less than 6 months old it is their responsibility to repair or replace.

They are basically not interested in following the law or giving any chance for me to allow them to look at the item.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport