Options

Comments

• gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Brats64 wrote: »
    It’s out front of Paris..up some steps.
    Makes it a great place to look down onto the strip at people.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Been there, liked it.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like this is going to be the first year in the last 20 that we aren’t going to do a Vegas trip.
    We have well over 40 trips under our belt but kinda have the been there done that attitude now.
    Add that to being nickel and dimed at every turn, (even the hotel that we have stayed at for over 200 nights wouldn’t give us a good rate last year), the resorts only wanting the young SoCal money and Vegas has just lost its luster for us.
    Money being spent on cruises now, just back from 14 nights in the Caribbean, have 14 booked for the Med in June and another 14 booked for the Caribbean again over Xmas and New Year.
    We must be getting old.
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Looks like this is going to be the first year in the last 20 that we aren’t going to do a Vegas trip.
    We have well over 40 trips under our belt but kinda have the been there done that attitude now.
    Add that to being nickel and dimed at every turn, (even the hotel that we have stayed at for over 200 nights wouldn’t give us a good rate last year), the resorts only wanting the young SoCal money and Vegas has just lost its luster for us.
    Money being spent on cruises now, just back from 14 nights in the Caribbean, have 14 booked for the Med in June and another 14 booked for the Caribbean again over Xmas and New Year.
    We must be getting old.

Or just sensible:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hehehehe ! :D:D:D:D
  • moneyman22
    Options
    strip club called little darlings.

woman open their legs so wide you can see out their mouth :-)
  • koalakoala
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    We must be getting old.

You must be !!
  • deejaybee
    deejaybee Posts: 885 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again,

Would appreciate whether one of the Vegas regulars cold critique whether the following is a decent deal or not please...

Flying from Manchester direct with Virgin in Premium Economy both ways ( 2 adults )

Wed 9 September 2020 to Wed 16 September 2020.

7 nights in Flamingo ( Flamingo Room with High Roller View - supposed to be their best rooms ? )

Total cost = 2729.95

I would also get around 600 of that figure if i used my VFC points...

Thanks
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    deejaybee wrote: »
    Hi again,

Would appreciate whether one of the Vegas regulars cold critique whether the following is a decent deal or not please...

Flying from Manchester direct with Virgin in Premium Economy both ways ( 2 adults )

Wed 9 September 2020 to Wed 16 September 2020.

7 nights in Flamingo ( Flamingo Room with High Roller View - supposed to be their best rooms ? )

Total cost = 2729.95

I would also get around 600 of that figure if i used my VFC points...

Thanks

I wouldnt pay that, my 2 week trips are usually about £1200 for 2 of us, but that is with comp rooms and cattle class.

what is the price if you price it seperately?

do you have any previous play if so have you checked on Mlife, Total rewards etc to see if you have any room offers.

have you been playing the Wynn slots for free rooms at Wynn or My vegas for free/reduced nights at Mlife hotels, have you looked on smarter vegas for room deals.

I guess it depends on how much effort you want to put in to save some pounds
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Deejaybee, I think your price is on the high side due to the Premium Economy seats, which are over £800 each. Going economy can save you around £300 each. So if you definately want PE then the price seems about right for your package. You may be able to save a little more by booking flights and hotels separately. Remember resort fees of about $40 per night.
  • deejaybee
    deejaybee Posts: 885 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback both, appreciated !

It would be first time in Vegas for both of us so we obviously dont have any previous play / comps etc.

Havnt played mlife/wynn slots, i'm not on Facebook personally, my OH is on FB but whether she would have the time/patience is doubtful, but i get what you are saying about putting the graft in to save money...

Dont really want to scrimp on the flights, i'm 60 this year, OH in 50s and we both have various aches and pains which we dont want to aggravate squashed in Economy, and have never done PE before. We have done long haul in Cattle a couple of times, and it wasnt too bad,but we were younger then.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback