Everything & Anything New York City

Options
1847848849850851853»

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Pay-Per-Ride cards can be shared by up to four people. To share a card, you can swipe the card multiple times to let multiple people through the turnstiles. You can do this individually by swiping the MetroCard, letting the first person enter, swiping it again to let the next person enter, and so on, or you can swipe the card multiple times back to back and then let the corresponding number of people walk through the turnstiles.

Unlimited Ride cards cannot be shared by two people. In fact, there is a (roughly) 18-minute delay between each swipe to prevent the card from being used by more than one person.

http://www.nycsubwayguide.com/subway/metrocard.aspx
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ganga wrote: »
    Also if anyone is reading this thread,when we went last time i am sure we purchased ONE ticket for the subway,put some credit on it and when we went to a station my wife swiped it at the turnstile and then passed it back to me to use,is this still doable?

Yup, but you have to load it with money not rides.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Nick_C and peachyprice for the replies.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • Ganga
    Options
    Has anyone stayed at the Knickerbocker Hotel near times square? i have looked on TA but any comments/info from the people on this site would be appreciated.
  • bleepandbooster
    Options
    Evening !
    Very posh sunshine .... Jane Mcdonald stayed there in her latest travel show on TV. We stayed next door at the Hilton garden Inn 42nd st. Handy for O'Lunneys, there are 3 cut throughs to miss out Times square. Handy for the Subway as well.

Cofion
    David:beer:
  • Ganga
    Options
    Evening !
    Very posh sunshine .... Jane Mcdonald stayed there in her latest travel show on TV. We stayed next door at the Hilton garden Inn 42nd st. Handy for O'Lunneys, there are 3 cut throughs to miss out Times square. Handy for the Subway as well.

Cofion
    David:beer:
    Thanks for the reply bleep,i saw the program with Jane Mc last week,we looked at the Roosevelt as we stayed there last time and it was good but it is getting bad reviews on TA at the moment.
    As we are getting on ( i am 69 ) we thought stuff it lets spend some money and stay in a decent hotel and as you day handy for O,Lunneys.
    Hoping to get away late in March as it will be the wife,s birthday when we are there so might get an upgrade in the hotel:),we dont expect one on Britidh Airways though:rotfl:so will be travelling cattle class again,hope you and your family are well,regards Ganga ( Alan )
  • Ganga
    Options
    Has anyone stayed at the Knickerbocker Hotel near times square? i have looked on TA but any comments/info from the people on this site would be appreciated.

Ok we have booked it now so hopefully should be a first class holiday:)
  • bobbyhibs
    Options
    Ok we have booked it now so hopefully should be a first class holiday:)

hi

sadly cant comment on the hotel you are staying at. but what about looking at youtube to see how the room( if you know what room you are staying in) and hotel to try gadge how it looks inside? or like a hotel walk through to try gadge how it looks?
    kind regards
  • Ganga
    Options
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    hi

sadly cant comment on the hotel you are staying at. but what about looking at youtube to see how the room( if you know what room you are staying in) and hotel to try gadge how it looks inside? or like a hotel walk through to try gadge how it looks?
    kind regards

Good idea,never thought of youtube,saw it on the tv when Jane Mc Donald stayed there for her tv program.
    Allthough not the cheapest hotel in NY we decided that at our age why book a flea pit to save a few quid ( i now we will not be in it much ) but to fly all that way why spoil the holiday for a few quid that we can not take with us when we pop our clogs:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure