What small DFW things will you do w/c 9th July?

Comments

• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 12 July 2018 at 12:39PM
    Morning Penny Wranglers,
    Not a bad start to the day so far, with the following money-saving bits already done:
    *Watered veggie garden & greenhouse.
    *Batch cooking fat-free refried beans in slow cooker.
    *Triage of fridge to identify use-it-up items to be added to tonight's salad.
    *Did banking & updated July's budget.
    *Transferred funds to where they need to be, including a £7.50 credit extra to grocery budget. Remember those new sunglasses mr f took back to the shop because they actually MELTED?! Well, the pair he had in exchange were in the sale & thus £7.50 less in price, so they refunded him the difference.
    *Sorted out car tax renewal. Free, despite being a diesel & not the environmentally sensible choice we were all told for so long.
    *Packed bag of library returns.
    *Ordered dressmaking pattern for a simple tunic top which I can hopefully master & knock out in various different colours/patterns. 20% off patterns today, which was a nice surprise.
    *Bake sourdough loaf
    *Did a survey.
    *Updated my signature with a further £5 survey income.
    *Took tomorrow's packed lunch (leftovers!) out of the freezer & butter last chunk of loaf to pack with it.

Money saving tasks still to do:
    *Pick last of the lettuce.
    *Weed & rake lettuce bed & plant out next batch of lettuce plants. The half dozen interim ones I put out were eaten in 2 days by bloody woodpigeons, so will be netting this next batch.
    *Knit more of two knitting projects (both for gifts) - main job here is to cast on 2nd sock, so will defo do that tonight while watching TV.
    *Write up meal plans - discussed last night, but need to get them onto my July meal planning page in bullet diary.
    *Free fitness today will be bucketing this morning's bath water onto our garden. I'm using the hose just on the veggies first thing (no hosepipe ban here but lots of warnings issues about responsible usage) & keeping our pots & flower borders going pretty much with recycled grey water (I believe this is the technical term, I'm not suggesting that mr f & I are so grubby as to turn the water grey, lol!)
    *Get the spare refried beans currently cooking divvied up, some for tonight's fajhitas, & the rest into portions for the freezer.
    And that is likely to be about my lot for today. Still finding lots of stuff to tidy away after our kitchen makeover last weekend.
    Peace & love.......& keep your hands on your pence!
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all,
    Bit of a dead loss today, as I seem to have caught a nasty stomach bug, probably from grandchildren as they have had one :( So, up being sick all night, but feeling a bit brighter now, thanks to Lucozadefrom the corner shop! Small list:
    Load of washing pegged out on line
    Cleaned and disinfected bathroom to try to keep these blimmin germs at bay :( Despite supposedly having a not great immune system due to a medical condition, I rarely get stomach illnesses. Hoping OH doesn't get it, but he has just gone to lie down as he is not feeling great. He cleared a section of the garden this morning while I was asleep, so it might be that he has overdone it in this heat - normally we do stuff like this together (or I do the bulk of it), as although he is much stronger than me, he is quite overweight and unfit and not as active. It certainly didn't need to be done on such a hot day :eek: Must keep an eye on him, as I worry about his heart :( Probably best if it is the bug!
    Check banks and update spreadsheet
    See if anything in the fridge needs to be frozen, as I will not be cooking today!

Hoping for a more productive day tomorrow!

Walk dog later when it is cooler
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hope you feel better soon Dawn. I was up most of last night with a poorly ds as well, and whilst I'm not poorly I am very, very tired.
    However, my time is still incredibly short but I am starting to get there. I will definitely be finished all exam related stuff by the end of Saturday at the latest. Lost a night last night watching football with the kids. I was trying to do stuff in the background but couldn't focus.
    Had to grab pizza from Mr A for dinner, but much cheaper than the only other option I was prepared to consider (which was takeaway).
    No time to think about anything but work today - I'm a Year 7 tutor next year and the new little ones have been in visiting, so I've been busy there. Then dashed back home to find ds much better, and aggravating his sister.
    6 more work get ups!:j
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2018 at 7:55PM
    Hi July-Penny-Jailers,

Work day 3/4.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

THINGS I WILL DO:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. Done. Sorted out the storage room at work. Free weight-lifting!

* Charge phone at work. Done.

* Take a Fridge Shrapnel Salad and coffee sachets. Done.

* Continue to park 10 mins away from work and walk into town. Done.

* Check DW's balances. Done.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2018 at 7:34AM
    Morning guys :D whoop it's such a relief to have got to today! I'm off now until Monday :j I'm tired now and really could do with a proper break, but I have 2 more weeks before I'm off for 9 days. We're all running on empty, madam just said she wishes she didn't have to go to school as she's tired....

Today:

* load of washing and hang out
    * have checked banking
    * quick shower for madam - she has her assembly this morning :cool:
    * call lidl to find out what if going on re the joint of lamb. I logged a complaint on 04.06! :mad:
    * finally sort out the life ins
    * sort out house ins. It has lapsed!
    * wear my new £2 (from cs) shop t-shirt :money: tis lovely too!
    * go to the allotment for an hour this morning. Just a bit of gentle weeding and watering
    * meeting up with bff for a picnic lunch & catch up :A
    * will call in at the garden centre on my way back as have a £5 off voucher so will be able to get 2 big bags of compost for £5 :money:
    * make sw mushy peas curry mmmmmm
    * cook beetroot salad
    * tidy up upstairs - managed to get d/s under control when I got in last night but upstairs :eek:

That's all! Happy Friday y'all
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello:

Determined I feel your pain on the mess, it's multiplying here :rotfl: plus they keep bring stuff home from school. So. Much. Stuff. Anyway on to other things:

Cancelled 2 elements of our holiday, got full refund on both. Hoping insurance will pay out on the other. Will start to fill in form
    Some fish out the freezer for tea
    Made jelly to make mousse
    Used friends which log on to check washing machines, need to buy a new one. Will have to raid EF.
    Using friends WM in mean time :o
    Friends birthday, bought her gift ages ago. Card form stash :D
    Check banking and surveys, both a bit light at the moment :rotfl:
    Tidy one room
    Check just for points CC
    Look for cheap hotel next week or an a1rbnb room for 1 night.

That'll do for now, enjoy your day folks.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Afternoon all :)
    Feeling a bit brighter today, though am saving money on food as one slice of toast with marmalade is all I have eaten for at least 48 hours. Just about to vary the menu a bit by having marmite on a second slice :)

OH seems to have avoided the bug, but felt queasy last night. He feels better today, but doesn't feel like eating much. Maybe he has fought it off, or maybe just the thought of it - I always feel off if someone in the house has a stomach bug :( He has just gone to the dentist's to have 4 teeth out :eek: so not sure how he will be after that :( His wallet will be a lot lighter, that is for sure - no NHS dentists round here, unless you are on benefits or are a child. They are very good though, so can't complain.

Desperate for some rain here, it is forecast but terribly localised - the next town just had a downpour according to neighbour who has just come back from work.

Anyway, moneysaving stuff (apart from not eating!):
    Checked banks and updated spreadsheet
    Changed bed and washed linen
    All dried outside on the line
    Another load just about to go out
    Received a large pack of Persil laundry liqutabs from a survey site - that will save a few pounds, as I can now cross this off my shopping list :D Though I only buy the branded stuff if it is on offer, as Sainsburys own is pretty good!
    Picked a few cherry tomatoes, and a few raspberries :)

Will walk dog later for some very gentle free exercise
    Will also need to water garden pots if the promised rain doesn't materialise, or is just a few drops!
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Hi All

I've so far managed to keep today spend free but as there is no food in this won't last, not collecting our shopping until tomorrow, but won't order a take away - will buy and cook
    Also managed to build a second hand wardrobe as got fed up of OH promising he would do it :rotfl: so I've been very productive today.

Unfortunately been signed off work for another week :( and am starting to go stir crazy. I know I need to relax and de-stress but usually the only time when I'm still is whenever the depression is giving me a good kicking. I prefer to be on the go as it feels like I'm keeping it at bay.

So for next week I've got some plans - taken from your lovely posts:
    • Go to the gym - I have 2 x PT sessions booked in now, not money saving but they help my depression so much it's worth the investment.
    • Look into knitting socks for Xmas presents - help please :eek: I have lots of odds and ends of wool and can knit but never tried socks before.
    • I've been reading my "organic gardening book" so will measure my very bare garden and make some plans for autumn - and look into raised beds
    • List items for eBay / facebook selling
    • Go to run club next week tues and thurs as means I'm not on my own all day then. (OH works full time and often overtime too, so he kinda wants to sit and de-stress once he gets home).
    • DONT OVER-DO IT and if I do need a couple of days to sit and do nothing - that's ok too.

p.s Baileys Babe you're doing brilliantly, sometimes I find it helps to make a list of what you have achieved in the day rather than what you need to do - as often you are beating yourself up, but when you look back you'll have done a lot more than you think. Also as with me - it's ok to have a do nothing day when needed. xxx
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    AWESOME GOOD LOW-STRESS DAY AT WORK! :j

* Repaid DW to £275 for my newer used car. I did the Maths and think I will have paid off the whole informal debt between us on in about 6 weeks time. :D

* Employer has confirmed that although I was off sick for 4 weeks I will be paid 4 weeks' salary. I thought I would just get the £92/week SSP. Wasn't expecting that. :D

* Wee incident injuring my nose. :o Hopefully it will be ok. :eek:

* Pair of old shoes fell apart!

Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Evening everyone :D
    Late check in as I've been busy making sure absolutely everything is done exam wise - and it is almost done. Just waiting for the ok to publish my reports then that's it. It's been a tough 6 weeks but I can look forward to the cash rolling in very soon :)
    Nothing much MSE going on today - I have just been too busy at work, in spite of being this close to the 6 weeks hols. NSD, spent time catching up on my tv programmes that I've missed during the week and not a lot else. Trying to relax...
    Dawn, I'm pleased that you're feeling a bit better. Take care.
    Ellie - Foxgloves is your sock lady, for definite :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport