Mystery shopping thread 26 *please read the op first**please no client names or fees

Comments

• Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    TNS money showing in the bank for tomorrow.
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I see ESA have asked peeps not to send anymore tweets until further notice. Wonder if we are going to get paid as would not mind betting that suspicions have been aroused with the upsurge in tweets with the same questions being sent out to the target companies?

Looks like they tried to do it on the cheap - should have followed the GFK model IMHO for this type of work.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Anyone else have a good laugh at the emails coming through from TNS?

Since when did Cardiff, Swansea and co fall into the subheading of "Southern England" and not "Wales"? Might explain why they're struggling to allocate them!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Angel_Red
    Angel_Red Posts: 17 Forumite
    Has anyone got any tips for how to remember staff member's names? I've got a shocking memory. So much so that I don't know why I do this job. ;-)
  • dbrookf
    dbrookf Posts: 590
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Would anyone happen to know which mystery company does the English Lakes chain of hotels?
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    edited 27 July 2015 at 7:35PM
    Angel_Red wrote: »
    Has anyone got any tips for how to remember staff member's names? I've got a shocking memory. So much so that I don't know why I do this job. ;-)

I've got pretty good recall, but I'm rubbish with names. Stick it in a text as you walk away.

It's worst when you're shopping a female member of staff, there's only so long you can spend checking and rechecking a name badge before you end up looking like you're obsessed with the member of staff's boobs.

Oh and practice makes perfect, every time you go in a shop, pretend you're shopping, then write it all down afterwards.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    dbrookf wrote: »
    Would anyone happen to know which mystery company does the English Lakes chain of hotels?

Questions like that tend not to get answered in case someone who works for the target company wants to know for devious purposes.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • Angel_Red
    Angel_Red Posts: 17 Forumite
    skivenov wrote: »
    I've got pretty good recall, but I'm rubbish with names. Stick it in a text as you walk away.

It's worst when you're shopping a female member of staff, there's only so long you can spend checking and rechecking a name badge before you end up looking like you're obsessed with the member of staff's boobs.

Oh and practice makes perfect, every time you go in a shop, pretend you're shopping, then write it all down afterwards.

Thanks. I've usually forgotten before I get time to get my phone out! I've been known to go back and try and find the staff member again just so I can get the name. lol
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    dbrookf wrote: »
    Ask the head office direct. They can only say no.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    missymouse wrote: »
    My son usually gets something nice from food POSH FOOD CLIENT in his treat cupboard, nearly grown up :)

Could you remove the client name please.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback