iSoftStone

Anyone taking the iSoftStone exam this weekend?! ;)

I've just downloaded the guidelines, and am currently trying to summon the strength to start reading them..

Comments

• duckandcover
    duckandcover Posts: 119 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    A friend of mine applied for this and got the e-mail with full details this morning. She tried LF (which is what I do) but she was unsuccessful so applied for ISS. From the small snippets of info she's told me plus what I've seen about it online, it seems quite different to ones like Lf and LB. Good luck though, hope the learning goes well!
  • MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    A friend of mine applied for this and got the e-mail with full details this morning. She tried LF (which is what I do) but she was unsuccessful so applied for ISS. From the small snippets of info she's told me plus what I've seen about it online, it seems quite different to ones like Lf and LB. Good luck though, hope the learning goes well!

Thanks. :)

For some reason, LF don't seem to have responded to any new applications for the last 1/2 months, including mine. And no idea what's going on there more generally, as the LF thread on here appears to have pretty much died over the same time period. :huh:

Anyway, I managed to get through the reading of the iSS guidelines unscathed. :) And it looks like I now need to complete either all or most of the practice set by tomorrow. Despite the fact that I'm going to be out of the house for most of the day..

Oh well. At least it's not the WSE at Appen role again, after all! :D
  • Maktina
    Maktina Posts: 103 Forumite
    I already like the look of ISS. It is probably the same boring work through UHRS, but there are a few key points I noticed:

* Flexibile hours, no restrictions on what time you work as with Appen.

* It seems like their WSE requires a minimum of 10 hours work per week, up to a maximum of 25. Similar to the crowdsourcing contracts, but better pay!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck with your applications, really good to hear there is another company out there. Keep us posted :)

I'm with LF at the moment but am up for renewal at the start of Sept, so wondering if I'll hear by the middle of next month. I've had a couple of very quiet days with LF this week, but I don't log on continually and I have had a busy week with commitments outside work.
  • oneflewover
    oneflewover Posts: 126 Forumite
    MallRat wrote: »
    as the LF thread on here appears to have pretty much died over the same time period. :huh:

Nothing much to talk about really :D Work keeps chugging along at pretty much the same rate as usual. No big changes to the system or new guidelines or big disasters. Things as usual.

Sorry to hear you guys didn't hear back.
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Sadly I haven't received an email with guidelines...

Resent an email to them a couple of days ago because I'd heard nothing back.. wasn't replied to.
  • MallRat
    edited 18 July 2014 at 1:14AM
    271906 wrote: »
    Sadly I haven't received an email with guidelines...

Resent an email to them a couple of days ago because I'd heard nothing back.. wasn't replied to.

I applied on 8/7, so it was 8 days later that I got sent the guidelines. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not?!

As for the exam.. Received an email this morning saying that the practice set has been delayed (because they need to upload an updated one, apparently), so there was nothing to do for me today after all. Just hoping that that really is what the issue is. And not, you know, that the job doesn't actually exist after all or something.. _pale_
    271906 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Also applied at same time....

so thinking maybe I've been overlooked for some reason. Double checked the email I sent with the NDA etc, and it looks as per the instructions...

Did you digitally sign it? I didn't know how so filled it out by hand and scanned back... so now worried they maybe didn't like that/couldn't read it or something - but the guideline sheet did seem to indicate it was okay to submit by hand.
  • MallRat wrote: »
    I applied on 8/7, so it was 8 days later that I got sent the guidelines. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it or not?!

As for the exam.. Received an email this morning saying that that the practice set has been delayed (because they need to upload a updated one, apparently), so there was nothing to do for me today after all. Just hoping that that really is what the issue is. And not, you know, that the job doesn't actually exist after all or something.. _pale_

I was speaking to my friend who also got this e-mail this morning, but it would make sense as she said she went on v early this morning to begin doing the tests and the questions it was asking (and more importantly the answers they gave) did not tally up to the guidelines. I.e. they would refer to completely incorrect example numbers or mention examples which didn't exist in the guideline. So it sounds like either the guidelines had been updated and the practice test hadn't been, or vice-versa.

So at least it gives you guys more time!

Also re: LF - I think the thread on here is currently inactive because, as oneflewover said, everything seems to be going smoothly! It sounds like they've slowed down/stopped taking on new raters or perhaps they do them in cycles, so it'll probably become more active when people start to get positive application responses.
  • MallRat
    271906 wrote: »
    Also applied at same time....

so thinking maybe I've been overlooked for some reason. Double checked the email I sent with the NDA etc, and it looks as per the instructions...

Did you digitally sign it? I didn't know how so filled it out by hand and scanned back... so now worried they maybe didn't like that/couldn't read it or something - but the guideline sheet did seem to indicate it was okay to submit by hand.

Yes, I digitally signed it. Was worried about having to do it at first, but it was pretty simple in the end. So, maybe ones that got scanned could take slightly longer to be processed for some reason?

Anyway, we'll see how all this pans out over the next few days, I suppose..

Has anyone actually got as far as taking the exam yet? :huh:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure