Sofology beware and avoid

We recently bought a couple of sofas from sofology. I thought I would share our experience so far.

One of the sofas we bought was a Chesterfield style from their Trafalgar range. When we ordered it we were told the seat comes out for ease of delivery and that the delivery team would remove it if needed.

These things take a time to assemble so we waited and the big day arrived.

The first sofa went in no problem, but the Trafalgar is large and more of a challenge. It was also the last job your movers were doing on a Friday.

They tried it one way and had no joy, and had to be pushed to try lifting it at another angle rather than putting it back on the lorry and calling it a day.

The second angle didn’t work, so I asked that they remove the seat to make it more manoeuvrable.

This they refused to do, at first saying they did not know why the shop told me that it could be done. Then on checking their manual told me it was too complicated and they would have to remove the bottom sheet. Better for them to leave and suggest that I needed to remove the bannister and spindles from my staircase because that was the only way it might fit.

At that point I was quite worried that I was looking at a £600 restocking fee.

I undertook the work they suggested, and rearranged the delivery. Agreeing with whoever was in charge of your warehouse that the sofa would arrive pre-split.

On Friday morning the sofa was delivered, with no seat, and went straight into my living room. The movers asked why I had taken down my bannister and spindles, saying that it wasn’t necessary for me to have removed them (and probably pay a chippy) to refit. Unfortunately we will never know if they are right as I only get 2 shots and delivery and the first attempt was “too complicated” to try what was asked.

They then asked me if I had had the rest of it delivered separately. All they had was the back. No seat, cushions, feet or bottom sheet.

I called them a couple of times on Friday and was told that the warehouse were looking for the rest of my order. Same over the weekend. I also called this morning and was put on hold for quite a long time while they called the warehouse. I had to give up on that call to attend a meeting. Following that call I was sent a generic email asking me to register for your site but not actually giving me any update. I called again and was promised a call back which I never got.

After spending another hour or so on the phone I was finally told that they had lost my order and I would have to wait another 3 months for deliver.

So, in summary, I have a destroyed staircase because their delivery team refused to do their job, and half a sofa because their warehouse team haven’t done their job. I also had no update for a long time as their contact centre weren’t doing their job.

Email to the CEO produced a derisory £50 off your next order with us. Just spent the best part of £3k with them. Not another penny.

Good that their finance company is on the ball and will be taking my payment on time.

Comments

• maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You bought on finance, so the finance company is equally liable as Sofology. Have you tried contacting them?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • I am having a terrible time with their Customer Services,. Five weeks on from my ceiling being damaged during delivery no one has responded to my complaint. Just keep getting emails stating they will be in touch I am going through Resolver now so hope that will help.
    I won't be buying from this company again which is a shame because the showroom experience was brilliant.
  • We purchased a Laurence £2600 4 seater electric in November 2018 delivery (extra £30 for Sat on top of £50 delivery charge) Sofology have only just accepted I can return the sofa for a refund. Horrific experience and terrible customer service. Wouldn’t accept return suggesting I purchased in store. In store I provided an email so they could send the sofas we liked. We purchased online via website and on phone therefore we can refuse the sofa within 14 days. Loose material on all seats, severely creased arm and what they called belly leather in the middle of the sofa which is on full view. They sent a person to review the issues and he suggested they won’t accept the belly leather that’s just leather but did agree it should have been used in another area. Issued a report to return manufactures liability due to loose material. customer service didn’t accept this and wanted another visit suggesting I was being unfair and it could be repaired. We had to raise a section 75 with credit card provider and send lots of emails. Now they are accepting a return. I asked for a replacement and said no because I won’t let them repair it. I see that as an attempt to leave me with nothing to sit on. Loose material, sagging, severe creasing and miss match pattern. Make sure you buy online and use a CC card for some of the payment.
    I’m a new user so can post images. If any one wants them please PM me.
  • You bought on finance, so the finance company is equally liable as Sofology. Have you tried contacting them?

Totally right. Take it up with the finance company if this is all you are getting from Sofology
  • FKingston wrote: »
    Totally right. Take it up with the finance company if this is all you are getting from Sofology

As the post you are quoting was made 9 months ago, there's a very good chance that one way or another the problem's been sorted out.
  • Sorry I'm new and did not notice the dates! Will take more care going forward
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure