What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/02

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    angelpye wrote: »
    Wohoo! I complained to my cc company (I know I said I don't usually complain but they told me a delayed payment wouldn't effect my credit score and it did so I complained as its a serious thing) and they have credited my CC with £50! That was worth a phone call and although my credit score cant be amended because I was actually late its nice to get £50 off! All helps!

Amazing! Well done Angel:T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all!

I am still buzzing from my complaint victory and gearing up to complain to Equifax...will do tomorrow and hopefully that will be at least £20 coming my way :D

I have also enquired for YNAB student 12 months free deal which is in fact 13 months as you still get the intro month free too. Fingers crossed as I have spent some time investigating and I think I could really get on with that format. I can't afford the £40 now but in May at a push I could so don't want to start with it and then have to wait. They sent an automated response saying they check their emails for students every 24 hours so hoping I hear in the next day or so. Worth a try and if they don't give it to UK students then I will diary in for starting trial in April and see how I get on before signing up for a year.

I am also very near to sb giving me 500 points as per their intro offer as nearly at the benchmark they set - just need 101 sb. Then very close to a pay out.

Other than that its all been on target here. Washing done and dry thanks to the dehumidifier I have which also prevents damp and as I paid a small fortune to rid this money pit of damp I am taking precautions with all this washing drying in the house.

DD was a bit under the weather today so we didn't go to her club or the shop for a treat so another NSD...we laid on the sofa watching kids programmes and had a chocolate pudding I had been saving as a treat. Hoping she doesn't worsen and has a good long sleep. When she is ill she has this almost lost look on her face as if she can't quite compute whats going on. Still in great humour though, love the bones of that child!

Anyway I have rambled on so wills top there and wish you all a pleasant evening!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Evening
    Exhausted and looking forward to a weeks holiday!
    Just one more day.
    - Managed a no spend day
    - Took packed lunch to work
    - Posted eBay parcel used recycled packaging
    - FPL
    - Checked market research nothing doing
    - Yay payday today, will check balances and make a payment to C C on Friday. I'm going to pay off £400 this month as need to Up my payments if I'm going to be debt free by Christmas!
    That's all for me, LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Good Morning All

Ally - Good Luck for your interview
    DNMS - Hope DGD is ok at Dr's

Feeling tired and a little flat today, I think even though I feel calm and in control it's obviously playing on my subconscious (plus it's that time of year - 3 years since my heart attack) . Today's little list

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Hospital for me - What a waste of NHS resources, sat in a room for 10 mins, Surgeon arrived and told me he's going to refer me to a dermatologist so could go home and wait for an appointment - Don't get me wrong it's great news but a phone call would have been just as good
    Continue purge on emails - Done a few
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps - Done a few
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL - Done
    Read -

Have a great day all!

C x

Also been to view a flat with mum, this property has a lift and a wet room so she won't have to struggle with stairs or climbing into the bath to have a shower, now have to find time to decorate new flat and mover her in :eek:

DH has his pre-op Tuesday :eek: :eek:

Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• ziggy2407
    Options
    DD was a bit under the weather today so we didn't go to her club or the shop for a treat so another NSD...we laid on the sofa watching kids programmes and had a chocolate pudding I had been saving as a treat. Hoping she doesn't worsen and has a good long sleep. When she is ill she has this almost lost look on her face as if she can't quite compute whats going on. Still in great humour though, love the bones of that child!

Anyway I have rambled on so wills top there and wish you all a pleasant evening!

Ramble away, we love hearing everyone's ups and downs - hope your DD feels better soon, how old is she?

• angelpye
    Options
    Hi Ziggy,

DD is 7 years old so becoming a big girl but when they are ill they look so small don't they? She is till sleeping so so far so good.

Great news is YNAB has given me a years free subscription!! Wohoo! Another win! Hopefully it will mean gone are the days of rewriting the budget every time something changes!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 February 2017 at 12:17AM
    Options
    Thanks everyone; I was pleased with how the interview went...even though it ate up all my energy and I felt like a wet-dishcloth by the end.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 February 2017 at 8:46PM
    Options
    Glad the interview went well Ally, hoping for a good outcome :)

Well, I have been awake since before 4am :( Need to get dressed in a minute and take the dog out!

Other plans for today:
    Text DD to see if she needs me to have little GD again today as she didn't get as much done yesterday as she hoped yesterday, and seemed very stressed when she picked her up last night :(No need, as her OH (little one's dad) was going to be around :)

Obviously, other plans will depend on that, as I never get much done when GD is here as she wants attention all the time :cool:

I do need to:
    Walk dog x 2 Done
    Pack an ebay item that has sold Need to do, plus another that I need to find before packing (and it is very small :eek:)
    Check fridge to see what needs using up Half a tin of sweetcorn was most urgent, now eaten :)
    Make a quiche Done, finished up the last of the lurking camembert :T Also made a dozen mince pies while I was at it (have HM mincemeat left over from Xmas, but OH thinks that mince pies are / should be a year round thing - a bit like hot cross buns :rotfl:)
    Maybe do a bit in the garden if I feel up to it. The weather looks ok at least :)Didn't get to this really - just did a few minutes tidying
    Hoovered lounge, hall and kitchen
    Hope to get a better night's sleep tonight!
  • ziggy2407
    Options
    Hi Ziggy,

DD is 7 years old so becoming a big girl but when they are ill they look so small don't they? She is till sleeping so so far so good.

7 is a lovely age, mine is 14 this year and it's flown by. Hope you had a good night sleep

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Hope you get some rest later Dawn your DD is very lucky to have you to help her out.
    Angelpye well done on the ynab and the refund. I too have a 7 year old :D
    Ziggy glad you found something for your mum, is there anyone that can help you with the move with everything else you have going on? Take care of yourself. Hope DH is okay.

List for today.

Working in another town :D I so miss this as I used to go somewhere different every day. It's lovely to go the other way on the motorway ;)
    Work will buy lunch :D
    Breakfast and tea from stores
    DH doing tip run
    DH baking today as we're away for the weekend and taking food to keep cost down. He's making lasagne, Victoria sponge and treacle tart :D
    Need to pack when home later for ^^, shouldn't take too long. Have a shelf in fridge of things to take which I mustn't forgot.
    Checked dh pay that due tomorrow and it's £75 more than expected which is every welcome :D
    Used some old lotions when I had a shower this morning
    Washing that was done overnight on airer

Right that's about my lot I think. Hope you're all ok. Have a good one. Purps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure