Cherry takes the reins

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well, I went into the branch and verified the DD isn't on the account - probably isn't anywhere, but they say they will probably have a recording of the phone call, so it should be traceable. I'm redoing the application on paper so I will at least have a copy this time. The assistant did apologise which helps a bit. Yet another job to do... I did think I might be owed some interest but I won't really as I've still overpaid, just not by as much as I thought. I wondered how I hadn't seen it last month but I remember I couldn't log in for a while because something had changed on my computer, cookies had been deleted or something, so I lost my automatic log-in. Then it was the Bank Holiday right at the start of this month so I assumed it hadn't been processed on time because of that.

I have done a little bit of paper decluttering, taken a couple of bags and some scarves to charity and taken some surplus bulbs to work for the garden there - so there is a tiny bit more space - who am I kidding? - there is 3 bags' worth of space that there wasn't before! That's oodles!

Piano practice didn't happen but my lesson wasn't too bad so I've unwound a bit: just as well as I was having trouble concentrating earlier. Off to update my list above.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    edited 26 April 2018 at 9:44PM
    Options
    End of a busy day tally:

17/4/18 Spends:
    Gift £44.99 (DS1's birthday).
    Pets £3.50
    Housekeeping £10.30
    Garden £2.00
    MS stuff:
    Big rush today and DH working late with refreshments provided so I just made myself a big bowl of porridge and some chocolate digestives for tea! Left the pizza in the fridge for DS.
    Decided against online shopping for the trip to Mum's house so got a handful of bits that I know I'll need soon, plus a few foodstuffs. I still have quite a lot to eat up in the cupboards there.
    Confession time:
    I may have got the bulbs planted today but I gave in and bought a couple more from the £ shop (trailing begonias and Phlox).
    I'm intending to travel the slightly more expensive route and go shopping on the way! I haven't done this for some months and I would be able to cope without it but there are a few things I could do with and it works out about £2 cheaper than the alternative trip-to-a-bigger-town.

Will be doing my ritual wave to Wannabe as I go past hers! :)

Hopefully back on Friday.

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Porridge for tea is what I usually do if eating when the children are eating with the ex.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Here I am back again and for once progress is visible on Mum's house - mostly due to my sister packing up vast quantities of things into a mountain of boxes. She is hoping to be able to move these out over the summer - a strange combination of circumstances has meant she is actually wanting more furniture just when we have lots to dispose of. I will confess to finding more books I want to keep, plus a small amount of ornamental memorabilia and a letter establishing the provenance of an antique I was left in Mum's will. I also found a couple of family treasures so my sister and I have one each but I've handed mine on to one of my children who is the namesake of the person who first owned it, and he seemed really pleased so that's good.

I also have to confess to a lot of spending on clothes: I treated myself to a shopping trip on the way through as I haven't been since I think before Christmas. Over £80! However half of it was on a jumper which cheers me up after all the dull winter things I've been in so long, and the rest is tee shirts for work (and holidays).

Yet another confession - two 'paper cup' coffees on the train. They were really good ones, though.

I managed one run: I'm up to 4.5K again but only just.

Back later to try to account for all monies. One the plus side I had an extra sleep in shift at work which is about £35.

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    Nothing spent today, and DH and I managed a run (hard work but cheaper than going to a car boot sale!)

19/4/18 Spends:
    Train ticket (to be reclaimed) £59.10 (good job I had done my homework as the person on the kiosk assumed I was travelling by another route and was going to charge me another tenner).
    Housekeeping £8.29
    Clothing £80.46
    20th, 21st
    NSDs.

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done on the running progress. The lighter evenings do help to achieve more don't they?!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Another nice day - the rain held off, the air is warm, work was quiet and there's still light in the sky at nine pm. :) Best of all, we had all the family round to lunch and some of them stayed for ages (I didn't - work - DS1 had an essay and Grandpa went home to rest).

Spends:
    Housekeeping £1.05

I remembered to get the coming week's housekeeping money out on the way through town today so there won't be the temptation to spend another couple of pounds on the card before going to the till for cash. Last week I didn't spend half my share and handed it to DH to do the Sunday dinner shopping. We're experimenting with him having a 'bigger half' this week as he does more of the shopping than I do.

And I am way behind on diaries... sorry. :o

• Cherryfudge
    Options
    Just the one day off this week (tomorrow) and I seem to be wasting today so I need to get a plan of action for the three ours before I go to work!

Incidentally our computer battery is going from bad to worse so there will be some sort of expense there in the not-too-distant.

I need to: make another CC payment, go for a run, get laundry under way, make food to take to work.

3-2-1-go!

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day Cherry x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Paid the CC payment, decided to look at the overpayment on the mortgage (for which I still need to do a new DD form - tomorrow's job). I've just rounded down the smallest sub-account so there is only £400 outstanding on it!

Having looked back at my payslips since January, I think I am due the backlog of sleep-in payments on 30th of this month (delayed because I didn't put my claims in straight away!). That should mean a fatter pay packet next month. If all goes well I will be rid of that sub account by then - it's literally going to be a case of checking very carefully when things go through and making a last-minute payment of the £400, but I'm going to have to take extra care with pay day not being till Monday next. That will teach me to keep on top of pay claims more effectively, but TBH it can be complicated and I'm not good at complicated.

If necessary I'll borrow a few ££ from the other joint account rather than risk going into the OD, and pay it back to ourselves when my pay comes through rather than lose the small bonus I get for not having an OD.

I've paid myself from the estate expenses so I need to add that to the spreadsheet before I forget.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport