The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope toddler BG is on the mend really soon & back on fighting form.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...for eating 3 'frogs' today[/I] :D...

Have heard it said they taste like chicken...;):D

:T:T:T
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh, well done on the frogs :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Afternoon :hello:

BG does indeed seem to be on the mend, and after eating virtually nowt for a couple of days, is now seemingly intent on eating their parents out of house and home! :rotfl:

We've had a quiet time, but filled it with free activity, and the better weather has just sought to improve everything immenseley.

Tea last night was a curry plate. Unusual for a Wednesday, but it used up some HM massaman paste that I had in the fridge; allowed me to use up (after trimming) a couple of sweet potatoes that had started to succumb to the mould that they sometimes do, and enabled me to make a vat of dhal, some of which was leftover and frozen for another day.

I picked up some YS'd chesnut mushies in mrW today, but I think that i will keep them to adorn a pizza for tomorrow night's tea. Today we will probably have something in a 'bowl'.

Can't think of owt else particularly :money: so I'm going to vamoose.

Ta for popping in and leaving such supportive comments. Appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £8/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £214.28/215
    Non-food household spend April £29.23/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Curry on a Wednesday but still doing pizza on a Friday?!?

What is the world coming to?

:eek:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Curry on a Wednesday but still doing pizza on a Friday?!?

What is the world coming to?

:eek:

:rotfl::rotfl: 'tis called 'practical frugality' my love, and I preaches and practices it.......... :D I'm trying to see if being more flexible makes me more frugal, as there is (as ever) more month left than money :( Plus it helped yesterday that I could cobble the curry together quickly and then leave it, and reheat for tea.

Tea this evening was definitely 'bitsa' in a bowl. I opened the last :cry: of the vac-pac beetroot that was at an 'OK' price in mrAl's S6 - they have been on offer since, but for summat stoopid like '6 pence' off the normal selling price - these were nearer half-price, which mrAl, if you are reading, please note, is what begins to constitute an "offer" - *ahem*. And with that beetroot, I made the beetroot and apple salad (scroll down to last recipe) from the 'Happy Pear' crew in Co. Wicklow. I dug around in the freezer and got out all the leftover, HM sausages, burgers and falafel and fried them up, I steamed some brown rice, and I steamed some broccoli and I served it all up in a bowl with a dollop of french dressing all over it. Bitsa.

BG suprised their papa with a new word tonight. I think that they picked it up from me in the conversation and context of what we were doing today - but I suppose the 'learning' is that they remembered that context when we were telling papa about our day :D A delight, and a free one at that :D

I have a list as long as my arm, and it is growing, but whether it is because of the sunshine, or whether it's because I've finally accepted that progress really is made one small step at a time, I feel very optimistic about work around the towers today. Even though I don't actually think that I did anything constructive towards that goal today! :rotfl: Does the grass cut itself, if you will it to be so? Do the windows go ahead and wash themselves, if you wish really hard...... ????? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

lovely people

simple pleasures

chazzer shop summer wear that may last another 'season'
    ;)

Ta for popping by and cheering me on. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh I hope grass cuts itself else I'm in trouble with several acresof the damn stuff :eek: :eek: :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think you might need a tractor Cheery :)
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:
    Gosh I hope grass cuts itself else I'm in trouble with several acresof the damn stuff :eek: :eek: :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:

See, and here was me thinking I had problems with a postage-stamp size bitta astro-turf :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T
    greenbee wrote: »
    Think you might need a tractor Cheery :)

Or some sheep.... :D

Right, end of the week already.

Not sure we're going to be in the mood to eat pizza this evening, if it is warm again. Will put thinking cap on, and determine how to use the YS'd mushies too.

We're pretty well stocked up with everything, so any gadding-about toddle today will be purely fun and opportunity based :D We do have some things to pop in the post box, and BG likes to do the honours, so we'll incorporate that in to the day.

Don't think I've owt else MS to report. So I'll finish me coffee and toddle orf to do summat constructive............ p'raps...... ;)

Ta for popping in and debating turf culture (that really is a thing, y'know! :D). Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Or some sheep.... :D

Sheep would be better :D They're cute and fluffy (sometimes). Probably higher maintenance though...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure