Advice on a dro pleas

I going to speak to step change tomorrow as I'm about 4000 pound in debt . My husband own the house and car and both are in his name . I have no assets to speak of all the debts are my own . Well this effect the dro at all

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,872 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 April 2018 at 10:25PM
    Hi,

You should be ok, but £4000 is a fairly small amount of money that could be tackled without the need for insolvency.

Obviously I do not know your full circumstances, but stepchange should be able to advise you on the right course of action.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    I've done them for £4000, though not for people exactly in your situation.

If the person is on basic benefits, with no surplus and no prospects of improvement, then 4k can be a daunting amount, and a DRO works well.

Bear in mind that if you are linked financially then you will affect his credit history.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure