MSE News: Tesco to close its email service - if you still use it act now

The Tesco.net email address service will be closed down on 27 June - if you've got one of these accounts you'll need to move to an alternative provider...
Read the full story:
'Tesco to close its email service - if you still use it act now'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Secondly, if you use your Tesco.net email address as a username to log in to websites, you need to change your email address on these sites.
    For example, there are currently around 20,000 email addresses signed up to our MoneySavingExpert's Money Tips email using a Tesco.net account - you can sign-up again with a new email address.
    That's not an example of using an email address to log into a website.
  • I understand that I won't be able to access emails in Tesco webmail after 27th June. However, I assumed I could still read emails sent and received which are already in Outlook in my home pc. However, I've just phoned the Tesco helpline and been told that I must archive all emails currently in Outlook or they will be removed after 27th June. How can they access my computer to do this and why must I archive them?
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,551
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds to me like the Tesco helpline person doesn't understand. If you have downloaded an email to something offline like Outlook or Thunderbird then the email will still be in your store even if Tesco switch off their email service. If you have got the email only in the web interface of Tesco email then it will disappear when you lose access to it on June 27th.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure