Switch - cellophane missing nintendo stich

Options
I have 3 games. The first two were brand new wrapped in cellophane and had Nintendo written all the way round.
Received a game from base.com today and the cellophane is missing the Nintendo logo.

Anyone know if Nintendo would sell brand new games this way?

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    whats wrote: »
    I have 3 games. The first two were brand new wrapped in cellophane and had Nintendo written all the way round.
    Received a game from base.com today and the cellophane is missing the Nintendo logo.

Anyone know if Nintendo would sell brand new games this way?

What game was it?

I’m not aware of any counterfeit Switch games right now and a quick Google shows the old trick of swapping labels is the only thing happening right now (but the carts are still genuine.)

I don’t think any of the games I’ve bought for my Switch had “Nintendo” on the cellophane either.
  • Lagamorph
    Lagamorph Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I think the Nintendo written on the cellophane is only on Nintendo 1st party games, so stuff like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breath of the Wild.
    If you buy a third party game, eg Skyrim or Doom, I don't think the cellophane says Nintendo on it because it's not a Nintendo published title.
  • whats
    whats Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Lagamorph wrote: »
    I think the Nintendo written on the cellophane is only on Nintendo 1st party games, so stuff like Mario Odyssey and Zelda Breath of the Wild.
    If you buy a third party game, eg Skyrim or Doom, I don't think the cellophane says Nintendo on it because it's not a Nintendo published title.

Thanks, I reached the same conclusion. The last one is from UBbisoft - Mario Rabbids.
    Still to busy playing Mario Odyssey to play Rabbids/Bayonetta2!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure