early 40s and not fabulous at all

Comments

• We're away from home 7:30-6:30pm every weekday. On Saturdays and Sundays the last thing I want to do is carry groceries and spend half day buying them. I'd be all over Aldi if they did online delivery.

I've posted my receipt on Scribd but MSE is not letting me post links, any idea why?
  • plush wrote: »
    We're away from home 7:30-6:30pm every weekday. On Saturdays and Sundays the last thing I want to do is carry groceries and spend half day buying them. I'd be all over Aldi if they did online delivery.

I've posted my receipt on Scribd but MSE is not letting me post links, any idea why?

Aye, me too lol
    I get you on the weekends thing, though

There is a blocker thingy on some forms of linking I believe... someone more techy than me may be able to help with that :o

*toddles off to e-mail Mr AL DEE with a wee suggestion ;)
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • I believe it doesn't let me post links as I'm a new user...
  • That'll be it...
    Think you need to reach a certain post count or something
    BTW I did e-mail them about full online shopping and delivery provision (you can order online for delivery of their special items etc.) will let you know what they come back with ;)
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • The gas and electric look low. I would not be saving £100 in your child's saving account until your debt is gone and you have an emergency account. Can you reduce it? £100 is a lot to spend every month on clothes and shoes when you are in debt. The groceries and personal care is high as is the presents budget.

There is definite scope for cutting down on spends. How long do the 0% deals last for? At the rate you are paying your unsecured debts it will take around 4 years to clear. I reckon you could shave a year off by finding an extra £87 a month to repay £400 a month.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • The gas and electric look low. I would not be saving £100 in your child's saving account until your debt is gone and you have an emergency account. Can you reduce it? £100 is a lot to spend every month on clothes and shoes when you are in debt. The groceries and personal care is high as is the presents budget.

There is definite scope for cutting down on spends. How long do the 0% deals last for? At the rate you are paying your unsecured debts it will take around 4 years to clear. I reckon you could shave a year off by finding an extra £87 a month to repay £400 a month.

Thank you.

The direct debt used to be £59 for gas & electric, but e.on sent me a message to say DDs were reduced to £26 because of too much credit. I was thinking maybe I should up it a bit, at least to £30, I don't want to end up owing too much.

Sadly, the spends on non-bills are just an estimate for the future budget, not real. In reality they are much higher than what I posted. I plan to sit down with last 3 months worth of expenses... but I need to get my courage up to do that. I'm tempted to not do it at all, and just budget going forward. Not sure what's best.

The 0% deals are for 20 months - the 9K one and at 22 months - the £4.9K one. I've switched debts to 0% two months ago.
  • Received a response from AL DEE
    They have no plans at present to introduce online grocery shopping / home delivery but, my comments have been passed on to the appropriate department...
    SO, if we want online grocery shopping / home delivery from AL DEE put the necessary pressure on 'em to do it by contacting them and telling 'em...
    Go to their website and contact them via e-mail to customer services.
    They've just won an award for customer services, so they'll be wanting to maintain that high profile won't they? ;)
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Thanks for lobbying on our behalf! :) I shall email them as well. And Lidl!

My ex paid child maintenance early this month, as he'll be travelling again. Halifax overdraft is now paid and the account is in green. I've also paid the £65 to Barclaycard #2 so my total debt is now at £13900. I'm leaving the Barclaycard at home and really, really hope I manage not to touch it anymore. I am unable to cut it. I know I need to do it though so I that's high on my to do list. I also need to list my to do list - immediate goals and long term ones. Work in progress :D
  • plush wrote: »
    Sadly, the spends on non-bills are just an estimate for the future budget, not real. In reality they are much higher than what I posted. I plan to sit down with last 3 months worth of expenses... but I need to get my courage up to do that. I'm tempted to not do it at all, and just budget going forward. Not sure what's best. .

Hi Plush,
    Ref the budget, it might be worth looking back to get an estimate of each category. I have found there is no substitute for the boring pain in the * of recording every single spend in a budget tool . I use YNAB and spend 20-30 minutes every day updating it. I reckon it took me 3-6 months to get realistic spend numbers and also to understand how I could cut the spend with ideas I picked up on here. Hope this helps.:beer:
    Aiming to early retire in April 2025 - DC pension currently £350k 
  • Thank you, I do realise it will take a while until I figure out a budget that works. I decided to forget about old spend and focus on the future. Entering all spending in the Spending Tracker apps really helps, it keeps me alert and focused on not spending. Hopefully the mood will last. I did cancel an older card with £0 on it yesterday and I'm constantly thinking about cancelling Barclaycard #2. I don't think it's enough to leave it at home.

On a different note, I went on a date tonight. I signed up (after a long break) on a dating app a while ago and talked to a guy who seemed nice. My child's at a bday party/sleepover so I thought why not.... I put on a nice red top and nice heels (ok not that high). The date was terrible. No connection, no attraction, not much to talk about - although I tried. We both tried. Eh well... At least he was nice and decent, and the place was good. Had a glass of wine, said pass to the 2nd one and now I'm sat on the train feeling deflated. At least I didn't spend the free evening alone :-)

Anyone else single on here? Where do you meet people? I'm fed up with online dating, it's soul-less and there are too many people who lie about who they are what they want.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure