Comments

• hmc
    hmc Posts: 2,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    he gets the house free with his job
  • kelloggs36
    kelloggs36 Posts: 7,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So no housing costs anyway then by the sounds of things. I would definately leave things alone.
  • dottyanne
    dottyanne Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can see things from both sides of the equasion - bein a PWC and the wife of a NRP - we have finally all (on both sides) got rid of the CSA altogether - I have 3 kids all under 12 and have never gone to the CSA after the shameful way in which my husbads case was handled by them - all people arent the same and it was just a shame that his ex decided what he was paying for his 3 in the first place wasnt enough - water under the bridge now as she was left worse off not better - but instead of going round and round the mulberry bush weve had to compromise and owrk out agreements with both lots of 'other' parents ans now have an agreement whereby i get money for my kids each week and we pay for his (although by CSA tems - we are only 'liable' to pay for one of them now) - I know it's not always easy - believe me it hasn't been easy for us to grit the teeth and thrash it out rather than let a 3rd party get involved but in the longrun - it' sorted for as long as they are qualifying for the payments i get them and so does his ex- it's all about doing whats right and I dont think it's ever about NOT paying for your kids - rather paying the RIGHT amount.

dotty xx
    Focusing on clearing the credit cards in 2018 :T
  • i would mention to your ex that his circumstances have changed and he should contact the CSA to declare it. It's not your job to tell them though, although if you are claiming(being given) more than you are entitled to that's not good.

Your ex should also tell the CSA his true income/expenditure.

Why would he not want to pay for his own children? This is a very strange case to me. I always paid my girlfriend extra money for our kids when I split up with her, outwith what the CSA recommended as that wasn't, in my view, enough for them to live on at £40 a week.(so a tenner is nothing at all, probably wouldn't get you a taxi home from the shops) You have my best wishes, but I still think you should be honest about it all, that way you at least get the moral high ground.

btk
    All advice given by thekid is in good faith but remember these important facts:
    1. I'm lucky enough to live in Scotland(Scots Law may apply)...
    2. My motto is "What's the worst that can happen" you've seen the kids in the Comic Relief clips, is it to that scale? Then get a grip!
    3. It's only money...no really(see #2)
    4. I'm only a plumber... :wink:
    thekid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills