Oneselect ceased trading

Comments

• Also had a text from together energy today : Hi David. You should have an email from Together Energy asking you to confirm your details & give meter reads. Please action ASAP. Thanks
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Kennny wrote: »
    I received the same email notification, surprised to read this part:
    But I haven't received an email asking me to confirm details and enter meter readings.

Anyone else in the same position?

Yes.

I intend replying to their tariff email, supplying the 14 December readings, and asking what details they want confirmed.
  • We received a text but no email today. Have taken photo of readings and also screen shot the one select account page. Really confused as to best course of action. Annoyed cannot switch now as just had mse email with Bulb offer which it looks like we will miss!!!
  • There's an interesting article in Private Eye which said that basically Ofgem set the bar too low for new entrants to the market. I was amazed to read that many of the new energy suppliers are so small that they don't even need to file proper accounts, merely the 'mickey mouse' accounts which the Government allows small companies to file. I am an accountant who works for a company which files Small Company Accounts, so I am familiar with their shortcomings.

Just out of interest, a few days ago I got the latest filed accounts of the energy company I moved to last July, as recommended by the good Martin. I was gobsmacked to see that, sure enough, my new energy company filed these joke accounts!

I anticipate more such failures, and can only hope that administrative hassle/lost credit doesn't send me back to Scottish Power with my tail between my legs....
  • Yes same boat, I hope they have made an error rather than this being a policy to confirm the Tariff, which they probably have to, while delaying the possibility of switching away from it for as long as the Ofgen rules allow them to. The enforced rates are about 25% above the deal I would like to switch to. I contacted the Customer service of Together but they were unable to send the link or resend the email that allows registration and the logging of readings which seems strange.
    They said that I would be contacted within 21 days.
    Has anyone had the registration email?
    Regards David
  • I have had an email saying I am on a new tariff named Together OS Dec 19. The email also says;
    Over the next four months we will be in touch with you to offer you something better suited to your needs.
    Problem is, I can feed this new tariff name into the ENERGY CLUB comparison site ,and up to 4 months on the temporary tariff could prove expensive--- at this time of year.
    We need to see just how competitive is this temporary tariff.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There's an interesting article in Private Eye which said that basically Ofgem set the bar too low for new entrants to the market. I was amazed to read that many of the new energy suppliers are so small that they don't even need to file proper accounts, merely the 'mickey mouse' accounts which the Government allows small companies to file. I am an accountant who works for a company which files Small Company Accounts, so I am familiar with their shortcomings.

Even if the bar for getting Supply Licences was raised it wouldn't have made much difference to Spark's failure after 11 years of trading. Suppliers that have backers with deep pockets are also finding the going hard. Bristol Energy is backed by Bristol Council which has now loaned its energy company £27M with a reported trading loss of £8.4M loss in the previous year. Bristol Energy is saying that it will start paying the Council back in 2021. (Source: Bristol Post)

Portsmouth Council - has just pulled the plug on Victory Energy before it even started trading with reported estimated losses of up to £4M. The Council is now looking to see if it makes sense to go into a White Label arrangement with Robin Hood Energy.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Yes same boat, I hope they have made an error rather than this being a policy to confirm the Tariff, which they probably have to, while delaying the possibility of switching away from it for as long as the Ofgen rules allow them to. The enforced rates are about 25% above the deal I would like to switch to. I contacted the Customer service of Together but they were unable to send the link or resend the email that allows registration and the logging of readings which seems strange.
    They said that I would be contacted within 21 days.
    Has anyone had the registration email?
    Regards David

Yup; I had the "registration" email on Sunday morning -asked for confirmation of details and meter readings -marked URGENT.
    Have also now had confirmation of tariff details - actual tariff (p/kwh) isn't too bad @15.02 compared with some I've seen recently BUT the proposed S/Charge is the highest I've ever had to put in my spreadsheets!!:eek: - 25.45p/day!
  • every_lot_helps
    every_lot_helps Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 19 December 2018 at 1:04PM
    In the same boat as others on here.

I received a "Festive Welcome" email telling me I'd be getting switched over on the 14th and that they'd be in touch to get my details and confirm meter readings.

Then yesterday I got an email telling me my new tariff and that "you will have received an email asking you to confirm your details and enter your meter readings". However I have received no such email and when I rang up they just told me to sit tight.

Given the new tariff is about 30% more expensive than OneSelect's was, I guess there's little incentive for them to be quick about it.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wonder if the issue lies with the email hosting companies -are they rejecting the details emails as SPAM because they were all sent together??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback