Oneselect ceased trading

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Still nothing about an account number or even an account being set up. But today I got another email from them, this time saying that money will be taken out in a couple of days and not the beginning of February as they said in a previous email.
    Is the 21 day limit working days or calendar days?

The transfer of failed suppliers to an SoLR may not follow the timescale laid down in the gas and electricity supply licences. Moreover, there is no guidance given on how soon any supplier has to set up an online account AFTER a transfer of supply. All meter readings after a transfer have to go through an independent industry validation process that can take anything from 10 to 14 days.

Provided the SoLR is showing up on the two National databases as your nominated supplier, then there is little to fear if you switch away without an online account being set up.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    nigelbb wrote: »
    I cancelled my OneSelect DD due to be collected on 21st December. I have been informed by Together that they have set up a DD to be collected on 2nd January & on 21st of the month hereafter. There is however no sign of a DD for Together when viewing my bank account online.

I too am not prepared to pay Together anything until I have an account to look at with a reference number and showing the opening meter read I gave them 2 weeks ago.

I have not authorised a DD in favour of Together so if they attempt to take money via a DD that I have not agreed to then I will claim the money back under the DD Guarantee.
    I just checked my bank account & there is now a DD set up in favour GC re Together Energy Ltd so I called up my bank & cancelled it & raised a complaint that I did not authorise this DD. They assure me that no money can now be taken.

My account with OneSelect was in credit & I'm not inclined to allow Together Energy to take any money until I am officially a customer with an account number & online account where I can enter meter readings.

I still have had no response to the email that I sent Together Energy about 10 days ago.
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My account with one select was app £80 in credit when I cancelled the direct debit. No payment was therefore taken for my energy supply in December so I am happy for the new supplier to begin taking DD payments in January. Hopefully after the account has been fully setup I can then begin looking to switch whilst still owing from my non payment in December.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I just checked my bank account & there is now a DD set up in favour GC re Together Energy Ltd so I called up my bank & cancelled it & raised a complaint that I did not authorise this DD. They assure me that no money can now be taken.

Still no communications for me since 18/12 and no DDs set up either- not exactly covering themselves in glory:D
  • nigelbb
    nickcc wrote: »
    My account with one select was app £80 in credit when I cancelled the direct debit. No payment was therefore taken for my energy supply in December so I am happy for the new supplier to begin taking DD payments in January. Hopefully after the account has been fully setup I can then begin looking to switch whilst still owing from my non payment in December.
    Together will take two payments in January. Firstly the delayed December payment then the regular January payment.
  • nigelbb
    I just checked on https://findmysupplier.energy/webapp/index.html & my gas supplier is still Oneselect Limited.

I have emailed Together Energy saying that I am happy to pay the December payment they missed but that I will not set up a DD until I have a customer account number & online account with Together Energy & can enter meter readings.
  • nickcc
    Together will take two payments in January. Firstly the delayed December payment then the regular January payment.

Will have to wait and see as they clearly state that they will be taking one payment of £106. December payment was due the 22nd but the January payment is being taken on the 14th which will be the new payment date.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    nickcc wrote: »
    Will have to wait and see as they clearly state that they will be taking one payment of £106. December payment was due the 22nd but the January payment is being taken on the 14th which will be the new payment date.

One of the comms. suggested they wouldn't change the date of the original DD set up by One Select??
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,245 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hengus wrote: »
    The transfer of failed suppliers to an SoLR may not follow the timescale laid down in the gas and electricity supply licences. Moreover, there is no guidance given on how soon any supplier has to set up an online account AFTER a transfer of supply. All meter readings after a transfer have to go through an independent industry validation process that can take anything from 10 to 14 days.

Provided the SoLR is showing up on the two National databases as your nominated supplier, then there is little to fear if you switch away without an online account being set up.
    I checked my electricity distributor's database and it listed me as being supplied by Together Energy. I therefore decided to give switching a go and put in the request on NYE. I've just had an email from my proposed new supplier saying they cannot proceed because I have switched too recently. So it seems some more waiting is required...
  • nickcc
    Wish they'd make up their minds as just taken £106 DD payment instead of the advised 14th.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback