PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

smoothie / smoothies recipes

Comments

• juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Not quite as healthy, but mint vientta and milk makes a great milkshake!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    juno wrote:
    Not quite as healthy, but mint vientta and milk makes a great milkshake!

:rotfl: Thats what I was gonna suggest - my girls LOVE them or with mint choc chip ice cream - same difference I suppose :D

I like good old Banana with milk & a big blob of honey. I just used to use banana & milk until the lovely barman on our last holiday made me one and put honey in - yum yum pigs bum (not that I'd eat a pigs bum - I'm a veggie:D)

my youngest hardly likes any fruit so just has vanilla ice cream & milk :rolleyes:
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • Luis
    Luis Posts: 637 Forumite
    I just tend to chuck in any second hand looking friut I have got knocking about and whooz it up - splach in a bit of fruit juice if it is looking a bit too thick, and away to go.

Never considered putting milk etc in - will try it next time (though obviously not with oranges - yuk!)
    "It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that, I'm sorry. But you can take my word for it, your mother had it comin'."

Overlord for the Axis of Evil (part time) :D
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    What we normally have is this.

One banana
    Half a punnet of Fresh strawberries (preferable English)
    2 Ski yoghurt (Strawberry or Raspberry) Ski there on offer at Morrison s at mo
    Glass of cheap Orange juice

Chop, mix and blend. Makes 3 glasses. We can normally have 6 glasses if you double this, as youghurt come in fours and we get a large punnet of Strawberries

Sometimes we replace Strawberries for Raspberrys and occasion we had two table spoons of ice cream

I just made one just now for me, wife and youngest, eldest doesn't like fruit, I no cant make her though.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Guess I'll try 'smoothying' tomorrow. I have some bananas, but my strawb are for my porridge. Have lots of frozen berries and kiwis that need eating. I have some vanilla rice milk in the cupboard, so may get experimenting. I'l report back if I get to it:)
  • shrek101
    shrek101 Posts: 2,249 Forumite
    Another cheap way of making smoothies is buying tins of fruit such as pears etc. They can be got quiet cheap. Just add them with some fresh fruit, and Bobs your uncle ;)

Just experiment its part of the fun, and find out what works for you. I quiet like making them, its so easy, fun and in the knowledge that you are having a healthily drink.

No longer a user, goodbye folks. PLEASE delete my account. Thank you
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Innocent smoothies only use real fruit and no added extras, and they put the ingredients in the form of "one apple" etc, so if you bought one you could look at their recipe for inspiration!
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• MonkeyGirl
    MonkeyGirl Posts: 587 Forumite
    When you make smoothies do any of you use water? Or is it just milk and fruit juice? I don't recommend cherries and milk whizzed togther it tasted ok but if left for a few mins it started to curdle and seperate. Hence why I came to you guys and asked for tried and tested ones lol.

Thank you to all of you who have come up with ideas. I look forward to trying some of them out :).
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Not water but sometimes I add an ice cube or 2! It stops it from being too thick and gunky and obviously makes it lovely & cold :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • raeble
    raeble Posts: 911 Forumite
    When I make smoothies I use frozen soft fruit and a banana with a bit of yogurt. Don't drink milk - strictly speaking allergic to all diary. I've never tried cherries, if it tasted ok that's the main thing. Looks aren't everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure