Green Network Energy and IGT

Options
I’m looking to switch to Green Network Energy via MSE cheap energy club, but have Independent Gas Transporter pipes (IGTs). I telephoned Green Network Energy to see if they charged any extra annually for this, as I know some small companies do, but their Customer Services representative didn’t understand the question.
Does any body know if they do charge extra?
Thank you

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 September 2018 at 3:12PM
    Options
    dab1009dab wrote: »
    I’m looking to switch to Green Network Energy via MSE cheap energy club, but have Independent Gas Transporter pipes (IGTs). I telephoned Green Network Energy to see if they charged any extra annually for this, as I know some small companies do, but their Customer Services representative didn’t understand the question.
    Does any body know if they do charge extra?
    Thank you

Do you still want to switch to a supplier who cannot understand such a simple question, let alone answer it?

Afaik, there is now no surcharge to IGT customers by any supplier (although there may be the odd one lurking)

But not all suppliers do accept IGT customers. (but more and more are accepting them nowdays)

Since the Green Energy Network comment on their website about Independent Gas Transporters, but don't indicate they do not accept such customers, they probably do.
    https://greennetworkenergy.co.uk/help-centre/information-about-switching/why-has-my-switch-been-delayed/
    Indeed, I would suggest it implies they do accept IGT customers
    But I've never considered switching to that particular supplier, so cannot say for certain.

If you want a definite answer from the supplier, follow the suppliers complaint procedure here:
    https://greennetworkenergy.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/code-of-conducts-complaints-1.pdf
  • dab1009dab
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I’m pretty sure they accept IGT customers, but it is worrying that their Customer Service employee didn’t know the answer, even after he put me on hold and referred to a colleague.

Ive already emailed the customer service department to ask the same question, but have to allow up to 5 days for a response, hence I posted on here hoping to get a quicker answer.

I also emailed Avro with the same question last Wednesday and still haven’t received a reply, so seeing their customer service appears to be so poor, I won’t be transferring to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure