Black Horse have now opened up OLD systems!

Options
SuzieMum
SuzieMum Posts: 128 Forumite
I'm really hoping this will help other people who are desperately trying to reclaim from Black Horse in the early 2000s and in the 1990s.
I knew I had a car loan with PPI in 1999-2002 and until today no one could find my account despite sending in the £10 cheque and lots of letters. One simple phone call to them today found me within 2 minutes. I now have a claim set up and being processed.

Tel number that I rang on (taken from top of headed paper) is 0800 1512456 (St William House, Cardiff).

Go for it!

updated 4th March 2019 - my complaint was upheld, cheque is in the post!

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Your complaint being successful rests on you having bought the PPI directly from BH and not the car dealer.
    If you bought through a car dealer, they weren't regulated prior to 2005 and can dismiss your compliaint. BH will not be liable even if they have the information at hand regarding the account.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • SuzieMum
    Options
    -taff wrote: »
    Your complaint being successful rests on you having bought the PPI directly from BH and not the car dealer.
    If you bought through a car dealer, they weren't regulated prior to 2005 and can dismiss your compliaint. BH will not be liable even if they have the information at hand regarding the account.

I shall update in due course!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lets hope it is Black Horse that sold you the loan as in most cases it isnt. It is the car dealer that sold it on car loans.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Even if black horse "opened up old systems" it doesn't matter unless they sold the finance. Black horse are not liable for a sale done by a car dealership who happened to use them unless it was their agent that sold it to you. You can have every copy of everything they hold and it still won't make any difference to the fact any sale by a car dealership staff member before 2005 was not regulated so do not have to consider a PPI complaint against them.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SuzieMum wrote: »
    I shall update in due course!

If you put in a complaint to black horse about car finance sold by a dealer, all the "processing" that they will do will be to tell you the dealer sold you PPI and to complain to them. When the dealer sees it is a pre-2005 complaint they will reject it and your complaint will be over. Remember the issue is miss-sale, not simply having PPI. Black horse didn't sell you anything so aren't liable for a miss-sale.
  • SuzieMum
    Options
    Thanks all, it may help someone.
  • sun73
    sun73 Posts: 498 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I ask if you had the account number?
  • SuzieMum
    Options
    sun73 wrote: »
    Can I ask if you had the account number?

I did not have the account number! They found me on basic details, name, DOB and address. Go for it!
  • We have had 3 loans with Black Horse I think due to Car Finance and I have written to them asking if I had ever paid PPI. They have written back with 3 account ref's and have included a questionnaire. Does this mean that they sold me the finance and are going to investigate or could it still be the car dealership? Thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does this mean that they sold me the finance and are going to investigate or could it still be the car dealership?

They dont investigate until you make the complaint. So, they could still turn around reject and say it is the car dealer. Although they will handle a Plevin outcome.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure