No longer in use

MeandO
MeandO Posts: 2,899
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
edited 22 August 2022 at 10:51AM in Debt free diaries
Hello all,

I've snuck back over from the MFW board as I still don't really feel 'at home' over there, so I hope no-one minds me creeping back in over here. :o

I don't really have any debt other than my mortgage, however, I am a single mum to one, now working part time, so have to budget really hard to pay the bills, save money monthly for yearly expenses and emergency savings 'pots' and attempt to overpay the mortgage at the same time as making sure my DS and I have fun. :)

I'm forever shuffling little bits of money from one place to another (hence the title ;)) in order to meet my self-imposed savings or mortgage repayment targets. Sometimes this is from saving money on the grocery budget, selling on ebay/FB/gumtree or from doing surveys, but I try and remember that every penny makes a difference. ;):D

I've paid off a lot of debt over the years and had several debt-free diaries, and, if I don't plan things properly and let things slip, it would be very easy for me to get back into debt. I also treat my mortgage as a debt (which it obviously is) that I need to repay ASAP and save interest on, so am forever chipping away at it.

Here's a link to my last diary:
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5742079

Feel free to shuffle along with me!
M
x
Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £67,390
Mortgage OP's 2024: £612.94/£2000 Total OP’s: £8823.50
SAVINGS: EF: £6423.55/£15,000

Comments

• MeandO
    Forumite
    I've just completed a refund request for £95 for an item that wasn't up to scratch. Hopefully that should be processed with no problems and the £95 will be refunded back to the credit card, bringing that down nicely.

I've brought some eggs and a bagel from the freezer to work for my lunch today. I've also got a yummy 'yellow sticker' buy out of the freezer for tonight for OH and I which we'll cook around his place later. Might need to pop to the shops for a bit of salad, but will be looking in the reduced section first as last time we got a big bag of salad for 5p which fed us for a couple of days. ;)

I'm also deleting the £50 off voucher I've just had emailed from a favourite 'cottage' company which will save me around £350 in the long run! :o:rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Following and supporting you on this diary MeandO

Good Luck!!!
  • Happy shiny new diary! Hugs xx
    LBM 1st Feb 2015 £18182 to go :o
    my diary: time to step up to the plate. SPC#079
  • :wave::wave:

Will be cheering you on!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Will be cheering you on :T:T
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817
    Forumite
    Happy new diary!!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • Yay, found you again - good luck with the new diary!
    Funny I had a wobble looking at old life photo's and videos the other day as I was reminded my free space on One Drive was up so I need to delete/back up bits and pieces. 20GB to get through - arrgghhhhhhh! x
  • MeandO
    Forumite
    Thanks for dropping in to say hello everybody. :hello:

Plymouthscubagirl - I had to do the same recently with my phone and found some old videos and photos of DS as a baby. He loved looking through them all. I just have to back them up from my laptop now as that is always thretaening to give up on me and I'd hate to lose them.
  • MeandO
    Forumite
    Finally, it's payday! :dance:

YNAB has been updated, all of the savings have been shuffled to their appropriate accounts, apart from the £50 to the help to save account which will come out in the next few days.

I've allocated money for all the bills, groceries, fuel, DS's savings and dinner money and personal spends. I've also reset my overpayment target to £150 again for this month, hopefully I should be able to make it. I was really pleased with last month's efforts as I managed to more than double my monthly minimum mortgage payment and overpaid by £427.95. :T I very much doubt that will happen this month though!

I tried to pay another £100 off the credit card this morning, but it seems that Sainsbo's bank will now only allow one payment online every 14 days and I paid £100 off last week. Can't see any point to that other than trying to deter people from paying things off quicker and making more money out of consumers. :mad: Anyhow, I need to phone them to make another payment, but need the credit card number which is in the house, so will do that later today or tomorrow.

The freezer and cupboards are pretty full, but I do need to stock up on fresh stuff for the week. I don't need enough to justify and online shop so will pop to the local supermarket one evening this week.

We have had a lovely weekend, although I didn't see DS as he was with his Dad all weekend so can't wait to pick him up from school today, I've really missed him.
    OH and I had a really relaxing weekend which we don't often get to do. We met up with some of his friends before and after event we all went to on Saturday which was really lovely. We didn't spend much, in fact I only spent £20 all weekend which included meeting some of OH's family for drinks outside a local pub yesterday too. I defrosted a big joint of YS roast pork we'd previously bought for less than half price which we then cooked on the BBQ, followed by an afternoon relaxing in the garden. It was the most chilled I'd been in a long time. :)
    I'm exhausted today though as we both woke up at about 4am as it was so hot and light and couldn't get back to sleep. :(

Tonight I'd like to tidy my house up a bit and get organised. I've been at OH's for most of the weekend so I feel like I've not done anything in the house or garden. The grass needs cutting and the garden is in need of a good watering so that has to be done this evening.
  • MeandO
    Forumite
    I’ve just claimed another £2 amazon voucher from surveys. :)

A couple more bits I ordered for DS for Christmas (with the 20% off eBay voucher) arrived today today so I have hidden them away. I won’t be buying anything else for a while now unless it’s an absolute bargain. ;)

I’ve received a label for free return of the item that was faulty so that will be £95 refunded to the credit card once returned.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family