Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

Options

Comments

• Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So flooring decided on. Couldn't get what I wanted for the hallway without spending over budget and I didn't want that! I also have to have the fitter out on sat as they think the floor may need skimming which is very annoying and an added expense.

Saw my friend and had coffee, was lovely to catch up.

Just spent £120 on Xmas gifts :eek: luckily all budgeted for thanks to YNAB! And I will get some money back as got some gifts for the kids from my mum.

Off to work after the school run, Fridays are always a full on day, six long hours, but then it's the weekend! Bring it on :T
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Busy day, but everything is looking good for a relaxing weekend. Have the floor fitter coming out to look at our floors as I think they will need skimming before the new flooring can be laid, so will get a price for that.

Otherwise nothing planned which is good. Had to cancel my daughter's riding lesson because of her bad foot so some money saved there, will just let it roll over in its category in ynab.

After reading uncanny Scott's thread I felt inspired to do some baking, so fruit scones and cheese scones made.

Nice relaxing evening now though.:)
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    A quite relaxing weekend which is nice. Boss paid me yesterday, so mortgage category filled in for the month (the only bill I am not a month ahead on!) Ready to go out on the 26th, £200 to holiday, that now stands at nearly £1300, need £3500 by the beginning of April, so on track. And £100 to entertainment for the month. Which isn't a lot considering its Xmas :( but needs must.

Have spent the afternoon doing diy with my dad. Kitchen cupboards all have doors on now :eek: and my massive bookshelf is back up on the half landing. Need to get on putting pictures back up and then fill the shelves back up.

Cooking dinner right now, having a recipe I have found in a really old cookbook. But I have all the ingredients, going to tweek it a bit but it will either be a winner which we do again or we won't bother with it after today :rotfl:

This eve I will be trying to finish getting the books out of our bedroom, but I have at least an hour's ironing for a client and it needs to be taken back tomorrow so need to do it while hubby watches the NFL. Which bores me senseless.

Another busy week ahead, but two weeks left, then 11days off!:T
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Was planning a no spend day today but it didn't happen.

Finally managed to book the premier inn for the wierd ones birthday weekend. And also booked a hotel for me and husband after Xmas. My mum is giving us a night away as our present, she will have the kids for 24hours, looking forward to it.

Then had to do a food shop which was annoying as was hoping to get to the weekend, but had nothing left for sandwiches.

Husband got caught up in the Waterloo fiasco so was an hour late. Feel like we have only just sat down!

Busy day tomorrow, need to get to bed.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Almost a nsd today, attended my neices birthday party at a soft play place and purchased a coffee.

Have a meeting set up tomorrow about how the smallest is doing at the unit he attends and how he is doing at home. He has been having a good week, partly because he has been bribed to! Three good days so the tree has gone up and he has helped decorate it.

And because he is doing ok atm my oldest boy decided to jump into the gap and I had a phone call from his school about an altercation he had with another child. So he is now on a total tech ban and is grounded. I am so disappointed with him, he knows what stress we are under with the smallest and atm all I am getting is phone call after phone call from schools :eek: roll on the holiday.......
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Today was not a nsd. Bought pizzas for our regular Thursday pizza night and then we ended up going out for tea. Will eat them tomorrow.

Relatively easy work day today, just two jobs so managed to got everything in and be back for the school run. The smallest had an ok day so we finished putting up the decorations in the front room. The oldest boy is still in the dog house. He has detention tomorrow after school due to the incident yesterday, and today he has been pretty argumentative and all bad attitude. Am seriously reconsidering his main Xmas present as I haven't bought it yet.

Long day at work tomorrow, and then I am supposed to be taking the biggest boy out to a free running class that has started up (he used to do it but quit a year ago) and I don't want to say he can't go because I am glad he is showing some interest in some sort of exercise. He has been lacking in that for the past 18months or so.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    So a quite stressful weekend. Had to do a job on Saturday morning,came home and cleaned the house then made biscuits for a charity night a family member was hosting on Sunday. Then because I couldn't get an online shopping slot this week we ended up doing the monthly food shop at 7.30pm! Not fun tbh.

Sunday I had to do some ironing for a client, then made more biscuits, attended a carol service with the girl, made dinner and then went to the charity quiz night with the big two kids. Was a good night, and a decent amount raised, but it just came in an already full-on weekend which was pretty stressful.

Today I almost got ahead of myself, then ended up behind which was incredibly annoying, am exhausted. Kids went off to school, four more days, the little two just look wrecked, pale faces and emotional outbursts, especially from the smallest.

Four more days......husband is working from home on Friday so I can still work, then holiday! Can't wait.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Mumoffourkids
    Options
    Just read through your diary. I love that your two eldest cook dinner once a week each. I might have to get my two eldest to do that once a week each. I think I have got my 7 year old to do the washing up, she loves doing it for some reason! I'm not going to argue as we have a lot of washing up!
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Thanks for stopping by! Tbh the making dinner has fallen a little by the wayside this past week, I did it last night not the boy, but I got chicken out for tonight, going to do one of those meal in a bag things with wedges and carrots,. So he can do that.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Enjoying my half hour of quiet before the kids get up.

Been a manic couple of days. The girl finished school yesterday, the boys today. So she is coming to town with me to get the biggest boys gift and the last bits for stockings and family members. then she will come to my job in the afternoon as she wants some cash :rotfl:

Have booked to go to a trampoline park after school, not sure if it is a mad idea, but I like to mark the end of term with an outing, hopefully the little two will last. It finishes at 5 and then we will go to town to look at the lights and meet the husband when his train gets in. He is working from home tomorrow so this is the last 6.30am wake up for a while. I have one job today, then three tomorrow although they all want lie ins too so starting at 10 and finishing at 4 which is later than normal. But then, HOLIDAY! Which I won't like when I get Januarys pay!

Husband got paid yesterday so Feb bills all sorted in ynab, I couldn't put much to the holiday account as have had to put £300 aside for the carpet fitters :mad: but this is the last big thing I have planned in the house for a while, we have had so much work done this past year, and I finally feel like we are getting somewhere!

Anyway best get the kids breakfast sorted......
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure