<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    My mum always stocked up on cards and paper in the sales, and any stocking fillers. She taught me well and when the boys were smaller it was fairly straightforward - 80% off science museum toys was the best result - but now they are older it's harder to do.

Last of the mushrooms used for breakfast - into a mostly egg white scrambled egg mix. Looked like grey rubble but tasted good. Think tonight will be curry night. Something potato based with tomatoes and spinach, maybe the carrot biryani again, and a chicken dish. It's that or cheese and biscuits again.

Cleared a big pile of stuff from our room yesterday which meant I could fit the new wooden clothes rail in. One day I will have another proper wardrobe but until then this will help. At least now I have somewhere to put the ironing when it's done. I also sorted through some clothes and identified bits for recycling as appropriate. It was timely as it reminded me that I absolutely do not need new clothes, especially not jumpers or cardigans. Will try and get some more done today as I hate being surrounded by all this stuff.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I've got the WM and DW on MrsC, or we were going to run out of essential things like clean thermals and coffee cups :eek:

Did you get to Haworth in the end? We went years ago and I really liked it.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    The curry worked well, a mixed plate with plenty of vegetables. Enough chicken left for another meal so froze that quickly before it got eaten as a light snack by casual fridge grazers.

I really need to do a freezer audit, but it's cold and the freezer lives in the garage. Fridge wise I have a mountain of cheese (hurrah!), half a tub of cream and assorted vegetables that need using up right now.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I made broccoli and Stilton soup from the elderly broccoli and some of the cheese mountain. The rest has been portioned up and dumped in the chest freezer.

Hoping to get my mum home today and come back tomorrow/Monday to start clearing out the garage, kitchen & utility in preparation for the builders. I have no idea where all the furniture is going to go...
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Soup sounds like a great idea - I have cauli and broccoli left, also mushrooms, assorted cheese and some cream. However, DS2's GF will be here tonight. I'm going to get a cooked chicken from Mr T and they can have wraps. OH and I are still not eating properly because of the cold bug, so we'll either join them or have soup.

I bought some half-price crackers yesterday, but don't desperately need cards or wrapping paper, so I didn't bother with those. I did have a bath and went out to tutor for an hour (20min drive each way), which wore me out again. Did the shopping on the way home.

Today I've pottered and dealt with recycling/other odd bits. Also finally made a start on Mt Washmore. I would really like to go to Ikea in a bit (have a £5 birthday voucher to use today and we could do with more dinner plates), but it depends on OH's willingness to drive. If he says no and I'm really bothered, I'll drive myself.

Haworth on Thursday was lovely, but so cold! We only stayed around 3 hours because we all lacked energy. Maybe it will be third time lucky and I get to do some walking next time.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I did a bit of washing, helped DS2 sort his room, made a start on helping DS1 with his, changed both their beds and then I flopped. No stamina at all since the stupid bug.

Dinner was Moroccan salmon and veg/mint couscous. The original recipe came from a hello fresh box, and it's now a regular fast meal. Last of the cream went into the £shop brandy snaps - v popular with DS1.

I'm off to look for a nice notepad, I have big plans and only shiny new notepads will do. Luckily I discovered a substantial collection the other day, if only I could remember where...

MrsC I vaguely remember a big steep hill walk from the village, and the inevitable post walk lunch in a pub.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dining room?
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Moroccan salmon and veggies sounds nice...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It is a steep walk, but you can avoid some of it by using the (very reasonably priced) car park further up and cut across to the church. We had coffee in a caf! at the top and a second drink in pub at the bottom (spiced hot cider for me, which was lovely).

Well done for getting boys onto sorting their room. DS2 made a start on his, but didn't get far due to the need for a bath in advance of GF's arrival.

Now that I have slightly more energy, I need to plan the rest of this holiday. I want to go to work on Wednesday to sort my classroom and on Friday we have an INSET day, so I'm running out of time.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    MrsC Still got a lot to do in the boys rooms, persuading them to let things go is difficult. I can't clean properly till it's tidier. I can't get them to see that its five minutes a week if they keep on top of it.

DIA the salmon is a simple frying pan meal so really useful for us. Sprinkle salmon with a little oil and ras el hanout. Finely chop an onion and cook it gently till soft in a saucepan, after a few minutes add some diced peppers. Once the onion is soft add veg stock cube and cup and a half of hot water per person. Stir to dissolve and then add a cup of couscous per person. Stir, put the lid on and turn the heat off. Pan fry the salmon till it's cooked through. You can add lemon zest, finely chopped tomatoes and mint to the couscous before you serve it. Sprinkle some lemon juice over the salmon and couscous and it's ready. One of those adapt it to what you have recipes, and any leftovers are good for packed lunches.

Greenbee, might be in the DR but could be almost anywhere given how much shifting of stuff has been done :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback