No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2015

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

I repainted my nails last night using Nails Inc Alexa Holographic on my fingers, this is a silver glitter and 17 Pink Grapefruit on my toes.

I have uu a candle

Rituals Lavender Fields - this was lavender and eucalyptus, it smelt lovely and burnt well with no soot. I did use my YC illuma lid balanced on the top. I already have more of this candle in the stash.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Have UU a few travel sizes on holiday last week

- a Sanctuary body lotion and shower gel which were gifts and I have at least one more of each in my stash and lots of other travel sizes, so wouldn't re-purchase now, and probably not at all - they're nice but Sanctuary products aren't very natural.

- a small tube of L'Occitane foot lotion - I have a full size one of these on the go, am quite keen on this.

- A full size L'Occitane repairing conditioner. Not sure about this - it seems to work ok away from home where water is softer but in London where water is rock hard it doesn't seem as effective. I've been using to decant into a travel size bottle.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello all!
    Few OUTs to report:

10/102. UU Avene Hydrating Serum, 5ml sample. I like this but probably WNB. I've had it before and get bored with the full size.
    11/103.TA Boots Cucumber Eye Gel. My skin felt like it was on fire! Don't know if it's been open too long or just doesn't agree with me anymore. WNBA.
    12/104. UU Ikea candle. No name but it was pale pink, slightly floral scent. WBA.

Few INs, too, all from YouBeauty Discovery box which I gave in to this month.
    20/66. Urban Veda Soothing Day Cream
    21/67. AA Aloe and Seaweed Eye Gel
    22/68. The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil 7ml sample

The reaction I had to my cucumber eye gel makes me think I might have to go through everything and try and remember how long I've had stuff so there may be more TAs this month!
    Til next time! x
  • momobingu
    Options
    Really nice reading about everyone's UU.

Currently working on 2 more friend's beauty boxes, so will have roughly 8 out's from that. 2x lotions to another friend too.

I received from a friend 3x perfume samples, lipliner sample, mascara sample too, so some IN's to declare.

UU's:
    - Contact solution
    - Hair dye from superdrugs
    - Lush Fun soap in honey scent

Will also paint my nails today as well x
    No buying toiletries challenge
    2015: 1348 UU's & GA's
    2016: 649
  • Plumpudding
    Options
    Everyone is using up so much!
    I have another travel sized up Miller Harris citron citron body lotion wnba. Was all about the smell, which wasn't that great, no real moisturising quality. Came in a set, have hand lotion and shower gel to use now
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    A UU just cut open the tube of hand cream I had been testing as it had been spluttering for a while. Really nice cream and a pleasure to use (don't know what it was) I have more hand creams in the stash.

INs 2x500ml bottles of Avon soft pink bubble bath
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

No7 Beautiful Skin 3 in 1 Cleansing Cloths - WBA, I use these when I'm on holiday to remove most of my makeup then follow with a hot cloth type cleanser. DD was using them for her trips away but they are no good for her sensitive skin.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Sundaysgirl
    Options
    Some great progress being made!

I have a UU:

10/138. Cussons Mum & Me Head to Toe Body Wash 500ml - this was bought on glitch and I used it for shaving my legs. It was fine but nothing special.
    MFW 2017 #123 2018: £1,852.64/£39,200 (4.7%)
  • indiepanda
    Options
    Another UU - Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Recovery (it's a scrub for hands). I've got through a number of tubes of this over the years and it does the job well but I am not sure if it's really necessary to have a separate hand scrub from a decent body scrub. I have something similar from a different brand in my stash and possibly another tube of this tucked away too so no need to make a decision yet.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi all,

I have UU'ed a Sanctuary Correct&Protect SPF 12 Hand Cream - it is really nice and i have another tube that i'm using at home (I finished the tube in my drawer at work). It is really a nice hand cream. I bought both off Boots clearing shelves so was also cheap. I might consider to buy at normal price. I'm still sad TBS has discontinued Vitamin-E hand cream.

Some INs - House of Fraser has a good beauty offer (surprise surprise) and I needed some day cream. You get £10 off a product when you buy one of their eligible items. So I have bought the following two

Daily energizer cream 30ml
    Instant smooth perfecting touch
    This order qualified for a free gift set - that includes hand cream, pure melt cleansing gel, hydratant tonic.

All for the cost of £37.50 and free delivery to the store.
    ally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport