Bulk buying

Comments

• tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    A word of warning about bulk peanut butter you will often find its just a hard lump swimming in peanut oil I guess they don't sell enough of the larger packs, after a while of digging it out and re-processing it to get it to mix properly, the penny dropped, now I just buy peanuts and blitz it myself with a touch of salt. saves a few pennies (not much difference in price)
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Husband decided to go low carb so I gave my Brexit stockpile of beans and pulses to my mother and she is donating to a food bank.

Am stockpiling loo rolls though since our favourite brand is made in EU.
  • Hi All,
    We are a large family and I am from a large family.
    I remember when I was young that my parents bought groceries such as pasta and rice in large quantities and other items such as massive boxes of broken biscuits/toilet rolls etc...
    I have plenty of storage space and am hoping to reduce my food shopping bills by buying in bulk.
    My internet search has come up with nothing apart from companies for business use.
    Does anyone know of any companies I could research?

Thanks!
  • tastyhog
    tastyhog Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    You know kitties taste changes!!

I stocked-up on Jelly Whiskas and Puss taste changed to Gravy so it may not be wise to stock-up too much :eek:

I often look on Mysupermarket for best prices for catfood and bulk items

It would have eaten the jelly one if you didn't pander to its fussy whims :money:
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Suzhat wrote: »
    Hi All,
    We are a large family and I am from a large family.
    I remember when I was young that my parents bought groceries such as pasta and rice in large quantities and other items such as massive boxes of broken biscuits/toilet rolls etc...
    I have plenty of storage space and am hoping to reduce my food shopping bills by buying in bulk.
    My internet search has come up with nothing apart from companies for business use.
    Does anyone know of any companies I could research?

Thanks!
    Try Approved Food.

There is a thread on this company somewhere on the forum.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Suzhat wrote: »
    I remember when I was young that my parents bought groceries such as pasta and rice in large quantities

You will often find very large bags of rice and other things in ethnic food stores or in the "world food" aisle of supermarkets
  • mlarmour
    mlarmour Posts: 66 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    hello, 
    can anyone recommend anywhere that I can purchase food in bulk such as beans, rice noodles, etc. We don’t live near a Costco but we also aren’t eligible for a Costco membership anyway. I’m a vegan but my partner isn’t so I’m looking at trying to reduce our food bill by getting some of the staples that we both eat such as beans, rice noodles, etc in bulk. Especially rice noodles, we go through them fast. We can easily go through 2 of the Asda packs in a week. 
    Money saved in 2018: £18.78 in jar, £250 added to savings. Total: £268.78
  • Are you anywhere near a city / area with a large South Asian population? Can't beat big Asian supermarkets for large bags of grains, lentils, flours and spices.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • greatcrested
    greatcrested Posts: 5,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The big Tescos have a corner full of bulk buys.
    Asda, Sainsburys, Tesco etc all sell 10 or 20KG sacks for rice, lentils , chapati flour etc
    Chinese/asian supermarkets....
  • davelewis
    davelewis Posts: 471 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Often Farm Foods have massive bags of rice, huge boxes of washing powder etc. You can get discount vouchers to print off by adding your email address to their mailing list. The Vouchers give you a maximum discount of 10% off, eg: £5 off £50.
    I go there once a month and it's well worth it. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback