Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • MarkAD
    • By MarkAD 7th Dec 17, 2:03 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Personal injury: offer timeline
    • #1
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:03 PM
    Personal injury: offer timeline 7th Dec 17 at 2:03 PM
    Good afternoon,

    I was involved in a motorcycle accident early last year with someone pulling out onto a main road without looking, hitting me side on which resulted in major ligament damage to my right knee.

    I've seen multiple doctors, physios and have had to have surgery to re build my MCL.

    Early this year I saw a Dr through the insurance company for an assessment and report, it took a few months for the report to return and to put it simply, I disagreed with the majority of the report as the Dr I saw completely messed up on dates, medical evidence and series of events almost as if he had mixed my report with another patient. Most importantly, He mistakenly quoted that no surgery was required on my "Left knee" when the injury was on fact on my right (in all fairness, he was correct in saying surgery wasn't required on my left knee )

    I rejected the report and provided all the reasoning and evidence to support my reasoning.

    Moving on now, after the rejection I had surgery to trepair the damage then a few weeks later i had an offer of liability and of personal injury come through before the revised report reached my solicitor and 3rd party. I was advised to accept the liability offer placing the 3rd party majority at blame and wait until the revised report came through before making a decision.

    The revised report came through the day before the deadline fully attributing the surgery to the accident (of which is previously wasnt) and all of the faults I found within the original report rectified along with an apology.

    I was advised to reject the personal injury offer on the table and await a second offer as the circumstances had changed with the outcome of the revised report and surgery.

    This rejection was early September and I'm still awaiting a second offer.

    My question is this:
    Taking in to account the revised report, what is an acceptable amount of time to wait for a second offer to come through to me/my solicitor?

    I have contacted my solicitor every few weeks for updates, three weeks ago they were told it's being processed.

    Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Dec 17, 2:29 PM
    • 36,345 Posts
    • 20,591 Thanks
    • #2
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:29 PM
    • #2
    • 7th Dec 17, 2:29 PM
    Piece of string.

    But keep on to your solicitor. If you need money ask your solicitor to get you an interim payment to tide you over
    • MarkAD
    • By MarkAD 7th Dec 17, 3:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    • #3
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:19 PM
    • #3
    • 7th Dec 17, 3:19 PM
    Thank you Quentin, I assumed that may be the answer as guidelines seem to be difficult to find.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

665Posts Today

6,657Users online

Martin's Twitter