Custody of children through court

My ex has now decided to stop me from seeing my kids, as i said i cant afford to have them twice this month due to xmas and his birthday coming up, she pretty much said obvouisly your not bothered about them. I am but i needed to get them birthday and xmas presents too. So not only has she stop me seeing them, cut me off from ringing them too. I been looking into a court order which seems a good option for me. My only concern says you need mediation first before consider it, 2 problems we dont really get on she lives other side of country. We had mediation before when social workers were involved,, it lasted about 2 weeks, then she went back to her old ways. is there anyway of skipping the mediation part?

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    If the mediator feels mediation is not possible, they can stamp the form to say so and go straight to court.

- I don't think birthday and xmas presents are a good enough reason not to have them over though. It's not like you didn't know either was coming up.
  • DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Comms69 wrote: »
    If the mediator feels mediation is not possible, they can stamp the form to say so and go straight to court.

- I don't think birthday and xmas presents are a good enough reason not to have them over though. It's not like you didn't know either was coming up.

Sounds like you are not a payer! If so you would know one cannot just magic the money.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I found a very useful guide on Advice now recently fo parents' going through this and similar processes.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    DUTR wrote: »
    Sounds like you are not a payer! If so you would know one cannot just magic the money.

I am.

Christmas and birthdays come round once a year. You don't need to 'magic' money up if you put aside a bit each month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure