DPD lazy driver

Options

Comments

• eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From my personal experience, DPD are probably the best.

Worst experience was Yodel.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All the delivery companies are only as good as their individual drivers. I've been fortunate enough to have only had good experiences with all the companies mentioned.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    My local DPD & Hermes drivers are great but parcels get damaged by the monkeys employed in their warehouses chucking the stuff around
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Courier drivers are usually self employed and paid a pittance for each delivery.

Our DPD driver is one of the best we have. Hermes takes days to deliver despite tracking saying it is out for delivery.
  • SMCG
    SMCG Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    "Monkeys" don't work in the warehouses. There is something wrong with the way DPD process (bulk) internet shopping parcels. The cardboard tube containing my blind which was ripped in half, was handed over to my dad by the driver and no acknowledgement made by the driver that it seemed odd.
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    eschaton wrote: »
    From my personal experience, DPD are probably the best.

Worst experience was Yodel.

DPD are generally amazing here too.

The only issue I’ve had with them was a phone delivered to a wrong address and the driver getting abusive when the occupants of the address they were attempting to give it to refused to accept to take it.

They quickly backtracked and sorted it out with the regular driver once I’d spoken to them.

They tend to have a regular delivery driver for the specific area, although 2-3 for the town as a whole, so I assume it’s ended up on a drivers day off and with someone who didn’t know the specific area of the town I live in.
    💙💛 💔
  • SMCG
    SMCG Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Amazing but with the odd abusive driver.

In my book, they are crap. Generally amazing with an odd abusive driver = crap. They broke my blind and ripped my picture. 2 out of 2 deliveries over 4 weeks. IT ALL EQUALS CRAP.
  • TonyMMM
    TonyMMM Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You get what you pay for - as consumers we now expect free (or very cheap) delivery. All these companies are working to very low margins so any notion of customer service is not something they are really interested in - just volume & cost.
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    Options
    sheramber wrote: »
    Courier drivers are usually self employed and paid a pittance for each delivery.

Our DPD driver is one of the best we have. Hermes takes days to deliver despite tracking saying it is out for delivery.

If you're too lazy to get out of the van outside a delivery address then give job to someone who will do this.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • paulfoel
    paulfoel Posts: 5,819 Forumite
    Options
    Been to DPD depot once or twice recently to collect parcels. Both times I've gone theres been someone kicking off because they lost the parcel or something.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport