MBNA PPI Reclaim

Back in April MBNA upheld my claim for PPI. I received a letter stating that I would receive and cheque for £77 in the next 28 days. 5 weeks later I receive nothing but I did get another letter stating complaint had been recorded twice in error and gave me a new complaint ref no. and another one stating that concerns raised have been dealt with and case is now closed. Then in August I received another letter stating that my complaint has been upheld and they set out again the refund. Fast forward to mid Sept still nothing received, wrote to them again, received letter stating that cheque had been issued and no further refund is due. I have never received any monies. Any advice please.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Any advice please.
    Refer your case to the Ombudsman for adjudication.
  • Thank you. Will give it a try.
  • MBNA said yes I had PPI but told me they sent a letter asking me to make a claim way back in 2013,

I've spent 6months with the adjudicatior who has upheld my claim,

Only now its going to the Ombudsman !?!?

How Long is this going to drag out for a few months or years . . .
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,626
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    MBNA said yes I had PPI but told me they sent a letter asking me to make a claim way back in 2013,

I've spent 6months with the adjudicatior who has upheld my claim,

Only now its going to the Ombudsman !?!?

How Long is this going to drag out for a few months or years . . .

MNBA believe they have a legitimate reason to time bar the complaint that is why they have referred the case to the Ombudsman. If you have not moved house or you did but told the bank at the time and they can prove they sent contact letters out in 2013 then they can time bar the case and avoid paying anything. If you moved before 2013 and they didn't have your address then you should be able to avoid the time bar.

Either you get nothing so are no worse off or you win and get loads of extra interest on the refund so win win.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure