Council tax rebranding on an estate built after 1991 -help!

I live on an estate built during 1998. The houses are all quite small and using the Nationwide calculator would have been worth £31k in 1991. This is well below the £40k threshold for band A yet all are in band B. Rebanding claims are rejected based on the band of neighbours properties... What do you do when a whole estate has been wrongly banded? Please help!!

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Nationwide calculator is inaccurate. I'm ex VOA and found in area I was dealing with small 1 bed houses were selling for no more in 1998 than they were in 1991, in fact some were still below 91 prices. If you can find similar houses to yours on nearby estates in Band A, you may have a start, but it could be that VOA have evidence of similar houses built in 91 or earlier which sold for £40K plus in 91.

As the estate is 11 yrs old it's fairly certain someone has previously appealed and if they were unsuccessful, the band has been established.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure