URGENT ADVICE - Swift Credit

Hi there,

I spoke to Swift Credit earlier today about an outstanding debt for council tax. They advised me that I would not be able to set up a plan and that if it wasn't paid tomorrow, enforcement agents would attend.

Can someone advice me on how to proceed with this, is there something i can do to get more time from them? And would it help if I submitted a N245, or can they not be applied to magistrate debt collection.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi,

Not the expert on council tax, but I would assume the council have acted upon a liability order, not a court judgement.

You should put your offer in writing, and just pay it, they will not accept, as all they really want is payment in full, but you should pay anyway, ignore further contact, if they attend your property, do not allow access, keep paying what you can afford, and soon it will be gone.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure