Sainsburys Bank issues

Sainsburys Bank seem to having a "TSB"-like upgrade issue. Since the weekend it had been impossible to see transaction information, all you get is this message:
We're upgrading our system, so can only offer limited online functionality for now. For transaction information – please call 08085 40 50 60.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned as it's been ongoing for a 3+ days.

Comments

• TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,014
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Must be just me then...
  • LuSiVe
    LuSiVe Posts: 1,059
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You didn't ask anything.....

I can't see credit card transactions or statements at the moment.
  • JGUK
    JGUK Posts: 222
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Same here :-) Still down !
    Thanks
    JG
  • TadleyBaggie
    Forumite
    I only (mostly) use the credit card for the Nectar points when I shop at Sainsburys, but I've heard that the existing scheme may be downgraded in the near future. The current issues and the inability to use a phone app is pushing me to find an alternative.
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 729
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Same here, no view of transactions on the account - just the balance with an invite to call if you want more detail.

I tried again tonight after reading this thread. When I log in now I get "There are no active accounts to view"!

What is the world coming to?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 729
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I can see my credit card balance again this morning - but still no transaction details. Bozos.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Forumite
    I sent them a message a couple of days ago, just got a response:
    I'm very sorry to hear you have been effected by some of the technical issues we are facing at the moment. This has occurred following an update to the system at the weekend our digital team are working to get these issues resolves ASAP but at this time we don't have a specific time scale. If you're in urgent need of any information please call our credit card team directly on 08085 405060 then select Option 2 (credit cards). Calls from a UK landline and mobile number are free and lines are open 8am-midnight, Monday-Friday and 8am-6pm Saturday and Sunday. Due to the challenges we face the call queue is a little longer than normal. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

So they have no idea when it will be fixed.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    edited 22 June 2018 at 6:52PM
    I sent them a message a couple of days ago, just got a response:

So they have no idea when it will be fixed.

They don't know the difference between "effected" and "affected" either (and their punctuation is truly dreadful too). I won't mention their poor grasp of tenses (oh, I just did). A good command of English should be a pre-requisite for anyone working in a customer-facing role, but sadly it doesn't appear to be in the vast majority of companies.
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,256
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    As I understand is Sainsburys Bank use part of the old HBOS setup. You get the feeling it's not really had much done to it since Lloyds moved Halifax and BOS over to their systems - it lacks stuff like PDF statements. I think it's only very recently they've managed to start issuing cards with contactless, a good 6 or 7 years after it became standard elsewhere.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Forumite
    Transactions showing up at last.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts