Advent chat, Goodbye Life.

Just a suggestion regarding the advent competitions - is it possible to keep them just in the advents section and not in the main competitions section. Reason being that if, like me, you are too busy to enter all advents every day you can still enter the normal competitions without spending extra time sorting through pages and pages of advent competitions. It really makes it very difficult for people who don't enter them and time consuming. If then I have some extra time I can go to the advents and enter them. I hope this makes sense. What does everyone think?

Comments

• nutunit
    nutunit Posts: 625 Forumite
    I agree, it would be better for me, if they were kept separate.
  • GPark
    GPark Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If you don’t want to see the advents, just sort by title. All the advents start A: instead of E: so should be fairly easy to ignore them if you don’t want to do them.
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There is no Advents "Section".

The competitions themselves are, and have always been, posted on the main forum. There is one single advents thread where sleepyjones maintains an index and people leave messages to enable this to be done. The only reason to have this thread is that many of the advents are dailies and the person who maintains the normal daily thread (lizd31) just can't cope with the extra workload.

If the prize is a £100 Amazon voucher, it doesn't matter to me whether you call it an advent, a daily or a normal competition. I will submit the entry form and find out later that someone else has won.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you sort by 'newest thread' you won't see them being bumped up (nightmare in December), you'll only see them once when they're posted which is just like seeing any other comp ...
  • I put a red X across the advents (well the ones from brands I know I wont want to enter) ...so by about the 5th of Dec when they're all in full swing this filters the board to show the "normal" comps (and the few advents I'm interested in and haven't X'd) so I can easily scroll passed those that are crossed...if that makes sense?

Hope that helps x
  • Well from Tomorrow, We have the start of the Advents also we have FreebieFriday and SOM comps! So no life for me tomorrow think i might as well make a flask of coffee, Sandwiches and put a bucket next to me lol.

Thank you in advance to everyone that is posting on here over the next month and good luck everyone. :beer::T
    Jan Wins: .
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Well from Tomorrow, We have the start of the Advents also we have FreebieFriday and SOM comps! So no life for me tomorrow think i might as well make a flask of coffee, Sandwiches and put a bucket next to me lol.

Thank you in advance to everyone that is posting on here over the next month and good luck everyone. :beer::T

Just got back from shopping thinking the same thing!:) Goodbye 'normal' sleeping pattern too! early night too night just so I will be able to start first thing. Phone & ipod all charged and ready to go.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • I was looking forward to joining in the advent frenzy 'propely' for the first time this year- but it's not looking likely now!
    I've got houseguests, two family birthdays and in-laws descending on us for Xmas so I'm not sure where I'm going to find the time for everything...
    Living thriftily ;) most of the time
  • Frankly I just comp as usual people make themselves ill with this every year, with little or no return, I think my health is more important.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure