Cheap and reliable online pet supplies

Comments

• roywyatt wrote: »
    i canot find enywere on the net that sells rabbit food could someone tell me were to get some.

Sorry I'm not allowed to post links.

First of all I'd avoid treats - don't do as I do - do as I say! ;)
    What is your primary concern - money or bunny?

My bun is doing very well on Versele-Laga Cuni Complete Rabbit Food, it is on clearance at equinecaninefeline.com - if they stop stocking it I will go to Millbry Hill.
    It is good for both tum and teeth.
    At equinecaninefeline.com I also buy Beaphar Carrot Drink for Small Animals, Naturals Nature Salad, Dandelion Delight, Readigrass Natural Rye Grass Feed, Chudleys Rabbit Royale, and Naturals Fenugreek Crunchies - I like to think this last one is a healthy treat.
    ABR733 is code for 10% discount - you will get sent regular offers.

I like The Hay Experts, but they do charge p&p.
    Burnspet.co.uk is very good - we especially like plantain . . my bun has told me to repeat - WE LIKE P L A N T A I N !!!
    (had to stop to get her plantain - she is munching now.)
    I also buy Burns products from other sites to bump up to free delivery.
    VetUK is good - especially for Burgess foods : we bought Excel Lite (she'd had too many treats and had to go on a diet!)
    She can still have Treat Ums Healthy Skin & Coat (Orange) - just one or two!
    Petplanet.co.uk has very good selection, as do Zooplus.co.uk

MOST IMPORTANT of all is to have plenty of good quality hay.
    We like Burns, Alfalfa King and the special hays, but not too happy with oxbow lately.
    Don't think much of the petshop brands. We are planning to try DustFreeHay.co.uk next.
    Todayshorse.com/Articles/ChoosingGoodHay.htm tells you how to recognise good or bad hay.

For interesting info and useful advice you should visit the Rabbits United Forum.
    Also : homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/home.html
  • Do you use sea pets for cat litter? i cannot believe their online price is the same as my local retailer, wheres the discount :mad:

If you go to TheCatSite.com forum, there is an interesting thread called Chicken Feed As Litter.
  • Can I also sing the praises of www.medicanimal.com

I ordered from them for the first time in the small hours of Monday morning, and it arrived this morning. Their DAP stuff is the cheapest I've found, and Drontal worming stuff is only about £1.60 per pill. They also did Zylkene pills much, much cheaper than my vet [STRIKE]rips me off[/STRIKE] charges me for!!

They do free postage on the first order, free postage on orders over £39, and £5 bonus for successful referrals (via email) made.

I will certainly be using them again. Hope this helps someone.:)
    **This space is available to rent**
  • Hi
    I'd like to recommend Animal Magic Pet Supplies (type in as all one word with .co.uk on the end - sorry cant post links yet)

A great range of items for all types of pets, fast delivery and if you live in South or West Yorkshire they do FREE delivery with no minimum order value.

They also strongly support rescues and have several fundraising items, where they convert their sales of sample bags into full sized bags of hay to donate to local rabbit and guinea pig rescues.

They also give 5% of their sale profit back to rescues, support the Rabbit Welfare Association Hutch is not enough campaign only selling 6ft hutches so they ensure no animal gets put in less than the minimum recommended welfare requirements.

You also get 15% off your first order, think the code is AMSC63 and FREE delivery on orders over £75 which it is very easy to spend on this site.

FREE delivery too for all orders sent direct to a rescue - I've used them to send gift parcels to rescues at various times of the year.
    Friendly helpful and knowledgeable staff too.

I like them as they go that extra mile to give something back to the animals in need.
  • Thankyou i have been hunting everywhere for reasonable prices for frontline worming tablets for my cat yipee the list you have given me the prices are great compared to the shops. and their is even discounts on your first order.;)
  • rita-rabbit
    rita-rabbit Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sassyblue wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for the advice on here, l've just bought 6 pipettes of cat Frontline for £16.33 from medicanimal.com. free delivery on first order and £5 voucher everytime you refer someone who then buys from them.

I no longer use it on my two
  • rita-rabbit
    SadBunny wrote: »
    If you go to TheCatSite.com forum, there is an interesting thread called Chicken Feed As Litter.

to prevent weevils developing in the sack/container.
  • rita-rabbit
    SadBunny wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't see this before :o
    I always use World's Best Cat Litter - I find it by far the easiest; and I think it works out cheaper because there is little waste.
    I buy it wherever it happens to be cheapest at the time - always online.

In June I bought 4 x 7.5 kg Worlds Best Extra Strength Cat Litter from Mutley and Mog : £63.60 + £5.25 p&p
    It was a special offer - convenient size and best price at time - even with p&p.
    Still got enough for a couple of months.
    (They recently sent me an email, and their new litter looks quite good :
    Purr & Simple 3.63kg: Normal Price £9.99 - Discounted Price £5.99
    Purr & Simple 9.00kg: Normal Price £19.99 - Discounted Price £11.99
    Purr & Simple 18.00kg: Normal Price £38.99 - Discounted Price £23.39)

pet-supermarket.co
    In Jan : 15kg @ £27.29
    In April : 15kg @ £26.67

petsathome.com might be worth a look for normal strength - but VetUK is much cheaper for the smallest size (3kg)
    It is £7.99 at ChemistDirect today, but you have to spend £40 to get free delivery.

I have previously bought from PetPlanet (good place to read reviews), but this litter is pricey just now.
    I will probably buy from Zooplus next time, because I have a voucher. (I think they still do free delivery over £19 plus 10% off first order)

I sometimes find better prices but with diabolical p&p - so I tend to stick with the above.

useful to know....:eek:
  • wragh
    wragh Posts: 10 Forumite
    I think pets at home have some reasonable prices.
  • can you add www.rawtogo.co.uk
    i get my raw meat for the cats and dogs from here and they are excellent
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family