SIPP investment in Property

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Z
    Mrs_Z Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What I would ask myself when considering this type of offer is the following....Am I happy to hand over the control of my hard earned money and decision power to a company? Are they reputable? How long have they been in business? Do I understand the local market conditions? Are there any (local) tax implications? Could I be liable to any other costs not mentioned? What type of contract would I be signing? What is the developer's track record? What about the implications of exchange rate? What about if UK steps out of the EU? Cuold I sell quickly to get my money back if I needed to? Why is this scheme marketed abroad? Are there not not enough wealthy Germans to invest? And more importantly, who sorts it out for me if it all goes wrong if I don't speak the local language? It would be a 'no' for me.
  • pinxos
    pinxos Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of uninformed comment re this investment rather than actual facts. Have any of the previous posters actually read the due diligence available on the SIPPclub website? I am in no way connected to anyone "selling" this investment but I have ACTUALLY read all the due diligence and investigated the company my self. My wife and I invested last June and received the first 6 monthly interest payment in January and fully expect the same in July!
    Of course ALL investments of this nature carry a risk - it is up to the individual to assess whether the returns justify that risk.
    By simply dismissing something out of hand without knowing anything about it or doing any research into it seems a bit strange for someone with "adviser" in their job title :-)
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    /\ /\ Such praise from a first-time poster.
    I'm sure everyone will weigh up the comments and make their own mind up.

I have absolutely no knowledge about this investment at all.

What I do know is that it is common for shaky investments to use capital from new investors to pay a "return" to early investors, in order to persuade them to invest even more, regardless of whether the underlying investment has made any real returns at all.
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What I do know is that it is common for shaky investments to use capital from new investors to pay a "return" to early investors, in order to persuade them to invest even more, regardless of whether the underlying investment has made any real returns at all.

also known as doing a Madoff (but could easily be named after the many other schemes that do the same)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Linwight
    Linwight Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Is the generally held view still the same? I understand Dolphin Capital Investors is listed on AIM - doesn't this give it a certain authenticity? Or should we take care not to confuse Dolphin Capital GmbH with Dolphin Capital Investors?

Another view may be that registered IFA's are not permitted under their own regulatory restrictions to recommend them?

If they come with risk, how to best assess that risk?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pinxos wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of uninformed comment re this investment rather than actual facts. Have any of the previous posters actually read the due diligence available on the SIPPclub website? I am in no way connected to anyone "selling" this investment but I have ACTUALLY read all the due diligence and investigated the company my self. My wife and I invested last June and received the first 6 monthly interest payment in January and fully expect the same in July!
    Of course ALL investments of this nature carry a risk - it is up to the individual to assess whether the returns justify that risk.
    By simply dismissing something out of hand without knowing anything about it or doing any research into it seems a bit strange for someone with "adviser" in their job title :-)

One post and disappears, despite stating has no connection. Do I smell a troll?
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I smell spam

And where is Lozzy and all the profits?
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Another view may be that registered IFA's are not permitted under their own regulatory restrictions to recommend them?

IFAs actually have no restrictions. Any restriction means they would be restricted. Not IFA.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • bobbyshaw
    Options
    any one with any positive feedback on Dolphin Capital GmbH
  • dunstonh
    Options
    bobbyshaw wrote: »
    any one with any positive feedback on Dolphin Capital GmbH

Not likely to get many responses. It is a niche option unsuitable for most of the retail consumer market.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback