Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good afternoon everybody,

I hope you have all been enjoying your weekend. I'll answer your questions below.

@mouseymousey99 We just need you to enter your bank details into your settings page and then we can get your confirmed cashback sent out to your account. There is also the option of using Paypal, but we would always recommend you bank account as some retailers will not pay cashback unless BACs is set up.

@Fizzydrink1807 This sounds very much like an offer for brand new Sky customers, all of the Sky upgrade offers are available here

@Loz Usually the retailer would tell us that this purchase had been cancelled, and they would decline the cashback. It seems that this has not been the case, so if you would like us to cancel this, or if it’s already been sent, return it to us, you can do so by raising a ticket here and selecting “my question is not covered above” . Thanks for your honesty though!

@susancoat I’m sorry that this has taken so long for them to reach a decision. Obviously we can only work as fast as the retailers and their networks, but we do try and get any news of declined transactions or claims out to you as soon as possible. Hopefully your contact with the AA Rep on here will be a positive.

@glenbois Unfortunately it is not always possible to give you an exact period of time for receiving cashback, as we don’t know when we will receive it ourselves and as you’re aware, we need to receive it before we can pass it on. We do try to keep you updated as much as possible and as soon as we have any news. I can only apologise for any delays you’ve experienced.

@littlewren I’m sorry this email has frustrated you. It’s something new we’ve been trying out. If you scroll down the email a little, it does say something along the lines of (I haven’t got it in front of me to read from!) “If you have made a purchase, then there could be a tracking issue” so it’s a bit of early advice to raise a claim if you don’t notice it tracking into your account within 3 days.

@Mobeer As above, this is a new system and we are looking at rewording this due to feedback. Thanks guys!

@andrea_louise Were all of these transactions with QVC? I’d like to take a further look into this for you, can you do as advised before, raise a ticket and at the start write FAO Leanne. Thanks

I hope I've been able to help. As always, have a great week and I will be back soon.

Many Thanks,

Leanne :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • bevally
    bevally Posts: 267 Forumite
    Quick message for Quidco rep!

Have just logged into my Quidco account to a message saying i will soon receive a payment of £11.25 - yey!
    This is my first payment from Quidco...... do i need to do anything such as 'claim' the payment; or is it paid automatically???
    Many thanks
    Bev
    Make £10 a day challenge = Aiming for £100 a month
    May - £100.68/£100 (£80.68 cash & £20.00 vouchers)
    June - £121.04/£100 (£91.04 cash & £30.00 vouchers)
    July - £22.11/£100 (£22.11 cash & £0.00 vouchers)
    bevally wrote: »
    Quick message for Quidco rep!

Have just logged into my Quidco account to a message saying i will soon receive a payment of £11.25 - yey!
    This is my first payment from Quidco...... do i need to do anything such as 'claim' the payment; or is it paid automatically???
    Many thanks
    Bev

As long as you have entered your details, this will go straight in to your bank or PayPal account, which ever you've chosen :)
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Hi all, I was looking around the Quidco website to try and get some answers but it's so 'polished' that you can't actually do anything easily like click 'send us an email' to contact them!

Nice to see there is a Quidco rep on here ... I got a question for you!

I bought a DSLR camera at the beginning of Nov last year from Currys which was £479.99 (£399.99 without VAT / delivery etc).
    The cashback offer that day was 10% for all DSLR cameras (£39.99).
    The T&Cs stated that cashback might track at 1.5% but would be updated to the correct amount when cashback was confirmed.
    Nothing changed for 2 months, then in over the course of 2 days in the beginning of Feb (while I wasn't looking!) it changed to confirmed (£20.00) and paid (£20.00). I got £20.00 in my bank account the next day.

I raised an 'incorrect amount' claim the same day, but I have heard absolutely nothing from Quidco, not even an acknowledgement.

When I raised the claim, I was allowed to select the retailer, choose the correct transaction and click the checkbox that said 10%, but it still showed the cashback amount as £20.00 and wouldn't let me change it.

It's exactly what I was saying at the beginning, the site is so 'polished' that you can't actually do anything like type the correct amount in or add a small amount of text for the Quidcare team to read.

Now, it looks like I have a transaction followed by a tracked, confirmed & paid amount of £20, followed by a claim for £20. I'm thinking they might just see it as already paid and ignore it!

Is this normal? Can I expect the claim to be declined? Will they say it's already been paid or will they notice the error in the amount and pay the difference?

Thanks.
    shade82000 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was looking around the Quidco website to try and get some answers but it's so 'polished' that you can't actually do anything easily like click 'send us an email' to contact them!

Nice to see there is a Quidco rep on here ... I got a question for you!

I bought a DSLR camera at the beginning of Nov last year from Currys which was £479.99 (£399.99 without VAT / delivery etc).
    The cashback offer that day was 10% for all DSLR cameras (£39.99).
    The T&Cs stated that cashback might track at 1.5% but would be updated to the correct amount when cashback was confirmed.
    Nothing changed for 2 months, then in over the course of 2 days in the beginning of Feb (while I wasn't looking!) it changed to confirmed (£20.00) and paid (£20.00). I got £20.00 in my bank account the next day.

I raised an 'incorrect amount' claim the same day, but I have heard absolutely nothing from Quidco, not even an acknowledgement.

When I raised the claim, I was allowed to select the retailer, choose the correct transaction and click the checkbox that said 10%, but it still showed the cashback amount as £20.00 and wouldn't let me change it.

It's exactly what I was saying at the beginning, the site is so 'polished' that you can't actually do anything like type the correct amount in or add a small amount of text for the Quidcare team to read.

Now, it looks like I have a transaction followed by a tracked, confirmed & paid amount of £20, followed by a claim for £20. I'm thinking they might just see it as already paid and ignore it!

Is this normal? Can I expect the claim to be declined? Will they say it's already been paid or will they notice the error in the amount and pay the difference?

Thanks.

Hi Shade82000,

Please don't worry because the incorrect cashback claims will raise the amount that is missing, not for the full amount, so you have nothing to worry about. If you do want to have a chat to one of our team members about this though, the easiest way of contacting the site is to go to this link and select "my question is not covered above" this will open a blank ticket for you to write what ever you like in.

Hope that helps,

Leanne :)
  • To AA Rep

Have emailed as instructed but still not heard anything. Please look into this.
  • Tatty_
    Tatty_ Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    FAO Quidco Rep

I have been a member of Quidco for a number of years but had not used you since 2011. However, recently I made a large purchase which confirmed about 10 days ago. This morning I have been advised that a payment has been sent to my bank, less £10. Apparently this £10 covers 2 years membership, even though no purchases were made during last year.

I thought that you only charged membership during years where purchases were made? Are you now charging £5 per year regardless? So, if I didn't use my account for three years, I would 'owe' you £15 from the cashback of the next purchases I made? :mad:
    Tatty_ wrote: »
    FAO Quidco Rep

I have been a member of Quidco for a number of years but had not used you since 2011. However, recently I made a large purchase which confirmed about 10 days ago. This morning I have been advised that a payment has been sent to my bank, less £10. Apparently this £10 covers 2 years membership, even though no purchases were made during last year.

I thought that you only charged membership during years where purchases were made? Are you now charging £5 per year regardless? So, if I didn't use my account for three years, I would 'owe' you £15 from the cashback of the next purchases I made? :mad:

Hi Tatty,

This doesn't sound right at all! If you are a member for 3 years but only use your account during one of those years, then you should only have one years membership retained.

Can I ask you to raise a ticket regarding this and we'll get our team to have a look at this for you.

Thanks,
    Leanne
  • Tatty_
    Tatty_ Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Tatty,

This doesn't sound right at all! If you are a member for 3 years but only use your account during one of those years, then you should only have one years membership retained.

Can I ask you to raise a ticket regarding this and we'll get our team to have a look at this for you.

Thanks,
    Leanne

Will do......
  • kat3_2
    kat3_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Im really chuffed with quidco. Ive had around £40 alltogether as I dont buy much with my tiny income. only issue i have is that quidco are still advertising efirist.co.uk who are blatently tsking money from thousands of people, delivering dead flowersvdays late or no flowers. promising refunds then conveniently having no record of order numbers. this has been going on since 2010! they dont answer ththe phone or respond to email. any negative feedback on their facebook page and they block you after posging a fob off reply so it looks like you have accepted their eccuse. i only used them because i typed florist into quidco. Their bad customer servicevwill give you a bad name by asscociation
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback