Meeting with two IFAs and now confused !

2»

Comments

• TBC15
    TBC15 Posts: 1,452 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Where is my local spec savers
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    whereas I am still chasing IFA1 for his written report.

I would not give you a written report until fee is agreed and committed. If you got a report, you could then follow the advice without paying a penny and the adviser still has the liability for the advice.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • trf1960
    trf1960 Posts: 129 Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »
    I would not give you a written report until fee is agreed and committed. If you got a report, you could then follow the advice without paying a penny and the adviser still has the liability for the advice.

Well, speaking of which, IFA1 has just replied to my email stating that a report is on its way to me. These reports are basically a run through of what we discussed, how my three pensions have performed over the last five years and what is now recommended. Believe me, there is nothing in there that I could undertake myself and I have no wish to but it does mean I can then sit through both reports in an attempt to work out what would be the better option for me. Whoever I don't go with, I have no doubts that the next correspondence I receive will be their invoice.
  • nrsql
    nrsql Posts: 1,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    >> In his opinion some of the with profits; funds in my L&G pension have been paying me good return whereas others have been low so he recommends moving the lower funds

Did he say why they were giving lower returns? Maybe it was temporary due to market conditions - more likely he knows they aren't well managed with high fees but it's worth asking.
  • Alibert
    Alibert Posts: 113 Forumite
    trf1960 wrote: »
    Whoever I don't go with, I have no doubts that the next correspondence I receive will be their invoice.

and likewise from the one you do go with - if you are getting two written reports with advice in, you must have already agreed to pay both of them, surely?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure