IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bw legal letter ..... LJLA

si_dean
si_dean Posts: 23 Forumite
edited 19 October 2017 at 3:12PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi guys,

I've editted this post a little from my original one,
As i didnt mention that this case was as a result of stopping (bery briefly)
At Liverpool JOhn Lennon Airport!

To set the scene.....
Car was stopped (for about 10 secs) in my car at Liverpool airport back in April of this year to pick g.f up. 3 letters from VCS (vehicle control services) were sent out (but to my previous 'parents house address" as i have moved house. After ignoring the 3 x letters in question from the VCS, they say its now been passed to BW Legal, and its been sent to my current address this time!

Now we are up to date, this is the stage we are at now.

As i ignored the 3 previous letters i thought that would be the lot, but now they have gotten my actual address from somewere (i don't know were and isn't this surely a breach of any consumer protection rules??).
With this in mind, technically speaking as this letter from
BW Legal is the first from them, i could argue this is the first corrispodancr ive had alltogether about the fine full stop? Would this work or would they twist this somehow?

I was initially thinking of ignoring this first letter from BW LEGAL, but looking at lots of threads about this & other similar scenarios, the advice is to NOT IGNORE, but with those, the circumstances can differ!

To summarise, The info on the BW Legal letter states the date on contravention is 02-04-17 and the balance is £100 pcn plus vehicle control services of £60 = total current balance of £160!

With the above info in mind, as this is the first lot of literature come to my current address, were do i stand with this.

To confirm, this is my first BW Legal letter "threatening"..... not saying its going to happen, but "threatining" me saying i "may" be liable for court fee's , further solicitors fees and CCJ's bla bla bla! The attached letter accompanying the BW legal letter is one from VCS, just confirming that as I have not made any arrangements to pay the previous amount(s) from them, this has been passed to BE LEGAL ..... and suprise suprise, my address now stated in the corner of their letter is my updated address were i love currently..... probably because BW Legal have now told threm of this.....
Or it wouldnt suprise me if BW Legal have printed both letters off themselves and just dpcked the accompanying letter yo show VCS's watermark and updated my current address in there?

If i have a point to prove here (in ref to them sending previous corrispondance to my old parents house address) what do i need to do or say...... or what letter template should i use ..... or do i jist simply ignore as this was for simply stopping very briefly at liverpool airport to pick my g.f up??

If i do ignore which has been suggested by another member on this forum (thanks again for all your help by the way!) will i get more letters and eventually they will fade ?
I just want to be certain nothing in the form of a nasty CCJ would appear on my credit file etc?

I have a feeling it wont but some reassurance from the pro's out there would be great

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Have you read my input on the thread you previously hijacked? If not, go there.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,568 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2017 at 11:37PM
    si_dean wrote: »
    Ok, i will mark the new post i created with LJLA.... although i dont actually know what that means, so could you share some light on that ?

If i continue to ignore im assuming (as ive outlined on my previous thread), that i'll still
    Get threatening letters.... BUT nothing will happen other than that. Heard some storoes about ppl being slapped with an actual CCJ wothout them even knowing about it etc....
    Please stop posting on that other thread.

LJLA = Liverpool John Lennon Airport
  • si_dean
    Would i be best to just continue ignoring (bearing in mind they will probably send me another 2 letters
    With threating literature on it .... i.e court forms etc) then contact them after then3rd comminication from the BW Legal to say " first of all, this is the first corrispodance ive ever received in relation to this.... which is techincally true as its the first lot thats come through to my current address, and tney arent to know ive been ignoring it from my "previous" address! Accompanied with something alonng the lines of " you have absolutely no juristication to chase me for money of any sort, as this is a bye law enactment and i do not accept the harges. Then say something along the lines of "please stop using my details and sending me letters as i will not be paying any monies!". If this needs to be more constructive then im welcome to tips. I take it i only need to do this after ive rexeived theor 3rd letter from BW legal (if they send me one) and until then just ignore ??
  • si_dean
    edited 19 October 2017 at 11:39AM
    Lol, thanks Keith , i worked out the abbreviation shortly after making the comment, but thanks
    For clarifying either way! :rotfl:

Could still do with knowing what to do re my last post above?
  • Umkomaas
    Just ignore it. Come back only if you get a letter headed ‘Letter Before County Court Claim’ (or very similar). No need to keep coming back every time you get a begging debt collector letter.
    " you have absolutely no juristication to chase me for money of any sort, as this is a bye law enactment and i do not accept the harges.
    Unless you know exactly what you’re threatening or making definitive statements about, then this kind of (sorry!) gobbledygook exposes your lack of understanding and knowledge - and makes you more vulnerable to further pressure and harassment.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edit post #1 and remove any hint of who the driver was

VCS can certainly initiate court proceedings if they know who was driving

so only a fool would write a witness statement on their behalf (hint)
  • si_dean
    Hi Guys,

So fast forward a few months and as expected i have just received a letter through the post this morning titled “letter of claim” and threating with firther action of court bla bla bla! So can you advise what i need to do next please.

Kind Regards,

Si.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Can you show us the letter please?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • si_dean
    Hi,

I’m a little unsure how to uplod the picture i’ve taken onto here as it only gives the option to use a URL..... so with that in mind i’ve uploaded my image onto a temp host but when i try to paste the link in this thread it says because i’m a newbie it wont allow me to ???
  • Umkomaas
    Treat it as a formal LBC and respond to it as per the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which provides an example of a robust response. Make sure you demand everything which the new Pre-action Protocol entitles you to.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/pre-action-protocol-for-debt-claims.pdf

This seems to be a relatively new ‘intimidation’ strategy and while we recommend treating as a formal LBC, there is no evidence as yet that it will go anywhere near a courtroom.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport