PPI Pleviin claim

Hi I am after some help, I am trying to make a claim for the commission on my PPI and went through the mortgage provider/broker ad did not get anywhere so I referred to the ombudsman, the reply I got from them is below which I do not understand, any ideas?

Many thanks for the email you sent.

I can see that it has taken you some time to get an answer on this and there have been some unexpected delays too. I have provided a response to your questions below, which I do hope gives you some more clarification on this.

Santander are not responsible for the commission-only part of the sale, in the sense that they were the lender but they didn’t sell the PPI policy, so no unfair relationship was created.

Because Bradford and Bingley only sold their policy, and arranged lending with someone else they are also not responsible for a commission-only complaint either because they were not your lender.

So as a result, neither Santander or Bradford and Bingley are responsible for the commission-part of your sale unfortunately and it was only the potential mis-sale that Bradford and Bingley could investigate.

I understand this won’t be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope it at least gives an answer to a question you’ve wanted answered for some time,

I am not sure this leaves me, it is form the ombudsman and does not make sense? thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,316 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    In effect, there is no unfair relationship as the insurance was not linked with the borrowing. i.e. the lender didnt get any commission.

It means there is nothing to refund.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sargip123 wrote: »
    I am not sure this leaves me, it is form the ombudsman and does not make sense?
    It makes perfect sense, but if you want it bluntly, the fact is that you won't be receiving a Plevin refund.

Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport